Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
metal450  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, December 19, 2012 2:51:01 AM(UTC)
metal450

Hey there,

I had an interesting memory issue with MT just now; a Win7 message I've never seen before popped up to warn me about its usage, and TaskManager showed that the MT tracker was in fact consuming nearly half a gig of RAM. Here's a screenshot: http://screencast.com/t/OMZkjjSfrms

Thanks!
J~
metal450  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, December 19, 2012 3:31:55 AM(UTC)
metal450

Addendum: it seems not to've been tracking for many hours leading up to that event: http://screencast.com/t/xKK4pMayp

The tracking started at about 5:45pm, after the error message came up and I rebooted.
admin  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, December 19, 2012 4:19:04 PM(UTC)
admin

Could you send me your log files, I doubt there will be anything useful in there but you never know. Tools - Adv - Pack log files.

One thing you could try if it happens again. When you see the memory rise, run this tool
http://memprofiler.com/nmpcore.aspx

I think something like
NmpCore /a ManicTime.exe /cs3 /ac5 /sf "C:\Sessions\ManicTime.prfsession"

should do the trick.

Then send me the saved file - ManicTime.prfsession

We tried to extract more info from WMP. I'll send a test version in a couple of days and you can try it out if it works. The data is a bit weird, but it might help.

I also checked the sound thing and I couldn't find anything useful. One method I saw was to record the sound then analyze the recording to see if it is playing. This is not something we can use, and besides its not full proof since there can be silence in a movie anyway.

A lot of users requested the ability to exclude some apps from tracking. I was thinking that maybe we could also add an option where you could defined apps which never end tracking. So you could say that while WMP is in foreground, never go to away. Would that help?

Edited by user Wednesday, December 19, 2012 4:20:00 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

metal450  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, December 19, 2012 8:03:16 PM(UTC)
metal450

>>Could you send me your log files, I doubt there will be anything useful in there but you never know. Tools - Adv - Pack log files.

Sure - how/where shall I send them?

>>One thing you could try if it happens again

Alright, I'll keep it in mind if it pops up again.

>>We tried to extract more info from WMP

Sweet :D

>>I also checked the sound thing and I couldn't find anything useful. One method I saw was to record the sound then analyze the recording to see if it is playing. This is not something we can use

Aw damn..yeah, that sounds way too resource-intensive to do all the time just to monitor the sound, too. In Win7, the system volume control shows system-wide sound output - I assumed there was some way to hook into that...

>>its not full proof since there can be silence in a movie anyway.

Well, but if "sound" is treated as "user activity," short silences wouldn't really matter; whenever it hears sound it would reset the "idle in x minutes" clock and not go idle - so a movie playing should keep it thinking you're active. Know what I mean?

>>A lot of users requested the ability to exclude some apps from tracking. I was thinking that maybe we could also add an option where you could defined apps which never end tracking. So you could say that while WMP is in foreground, never go to away. Would that help?

It would certainly be better than nothing, but not nearly as ideal IMHO. At the very least, document-level rules would be necessary, because i.e. what about all the viewing done from within a browser - instructional videos, random entertainment, youtube, etc. Saying "don't idle anytime Chrome is in the foreground" would of course be far too general...
admin  
#5 Posted : Thursday, December 20, 2012 10:44:24 AM(UTC)
admin

metal450  
#6 Posted : Thursday, December 20, 2012 10:46:19 AM(UTC)
metal450

Sent.
arteny  
#7 Posted : Saturday, March 2, 2013 12:28:04 PM(UTC)
arteny

Same problem.
Without restarting program during some time - day or two, it begins eat up to 1 Gb of memory and Windows system message appears, asking to close this application.

arteny  
#8 Posted : Monday, March 4, 2013 10:39:21 AM(UTC)
arteny

Today ManicTime (monitor) have eaten 3Gb of memory and now I suspects it of as cause of sometimes suddenly reseting of my PC.
Please fix this problem ASAP.
admin  
#9 Posted : Monday, March 4, 2013 6:32:42 PM(UTC)
admin

Could you try the beta for the next version to see if the problem is still there?

Links are at the bottom of this thread

http://forum.manictime.c...pent-since-last-tag.aspx
arteny  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, March 6, 2013 5:12:35 PM(UTC)
arteny

Originally Posted by: admin Go to Quoted Post
Could you try the beta for the next version to see if the problem is still there?

Links are at the bottom of this thread

http://forum.manictime.c...pent-since-last-tag.aspx

I'am starting to use beta from now and will inform you if problem will be reproduced.