Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
zirum  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, August 21, 2012 9:50:55 PM(UTC)
zirum

Hi all!

New to forum, and bought the application today. I have used the application for my time tracking the last couple of years, but thought it was about time to support it as well.

Been testing out some of the pro features, but could not find if there was a way to have a global shortcut that would work anytime, which would pop up a dialog of time past since last tagging, with tags to add to this time. Also, with the possibility to reduce allocated time, like with the away tag.

Anything to consider?

Best regards,
Erlend
admin  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, August 22, 2012 8:43:56 AM(UTC)
admin

I for one love it :)

We'll do it like this:
If there are no tags for the day, then it will take the start time of the day to the current time. If there are tags, then from the last tag to current time. We'll use the same view as for Away so you will be able to edit the time.

We will add it to the right click on MT icon context menu. We will also add a global shortcut once we work on them.

Would this help in MT on the timelines as well? Currently you have to select time, then tag.

What we could do is use some key configuration, lets say Alt-t and it would open Add tag dialog for time from last tag up to mouse cursor. So you would be spared making a selection.
zirum  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, August 22, 2012 8:51:46 AM(UTC)
zirum

Awesome to hear!

And what a quick response! :-)
zirum  
#4 Posted : Friday, November 9, 2012 4:57:07 PM(UTC)
zirum

I was initially impressed with you quick feedback, but there has been little action put into this so far. A bit disappointed... And now there seems to be a bug in autotagging, making it very hard to navigate in it. Any consideration to fix soon?
admin  
#5 Posted : Friday, November 9, 2012 5:19:09 PM(UTC)
admin

Sorry about that, I wish we could work on everything you guys suggest, but there are not enough hours in a day. It will be in the next version.
Lately we have been splitting our time between client and server so things went much more slowly then they normally do. Once we release server V2, we will work on the client full time again.

As for the bugs in autotags, let me know what they are and we will fix them immediately.
winnie  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, December 5, 2012 9:03:15 AM(UTC)
winnie

Oh, very good, Yeah, I think that should be used.
zirum  
#7 Posted : Friday, January 11, 2013 1:16:30 PM(UTC)
zirum

Regarding the problem, It may actually be a local problem. My computer has been a bit weird, and I was not able to reproduce it consistently. Waiting for a replacement.

Still hoping for the feature though...
admin  
#8 Posted : Friday, January 11, 2013 2:10:03 PM(UTC)
admin

Already done. Will be in the next update. I think beta should be on the site sometime next week.
zirum  
#9 Posted : Friday, January 11, 2013 2:11:34 PM(UTC)
zirum

Awesome! Can barely wait ;-)
admin  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, January 29, 2013 10:44:10 AM(UTC)
admin

v2.4 beta

We don't have release notes yet, but this feature is added, you can also set shortcuts in Settings.

www.manictime.com/setup/v2_4_0_1/manictimeusb.zip
www.manictime.com/setup/v2_4_0_1/manictime.exe

Let me know if you find any bugs. And also if it helps :)