Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
John B  
#1 Posted : Friday, November 19, 2010 9:37:26 PM(UTC)
John B

Hi,

I've been using ManicTime for about 8 months every week day with no issue. I have to say it's an awesome program (and thanks for making it freely available). I then installed the lastest free version of ManicTime on a (fairly) new installation of Windows 7 64-bit. Since then, ManicTime will always crash when right-clicking a selected interval (to tag it, for example) or when a pop up is triggered (such as clicking on 'Help'). Oddly, if I click on the 'Add tag...' button, MT will not necessarily crash, but does occassionally. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by user Tuesday, November 30, 2010 8:40:06 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

admin  
#2 Posted : Monday, November 22, 2010 2:30:38 PM(UTC)
admin

We have just released version 1.4.8 which might solve your issues. It's not available through automatic updates yet, but you can download it from the ManicTime Download page.

Please, make sure you close ManicTime before upgrading.

If the crashes still occur, please send your ManicTime logs. You will find them in:

XP: C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings\Application Data\Finkit\ManicTime\Logs
Vista: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Finkit\ManicTime\Logs
John B  
#3 Posted : Monday, November 22, 2010 7:41:30 PM(UTC)
John B

Thanks for your timely response :)

I did download and install v1.4.8, but unfortunately it hasn't resolved the issue. I've attached my ManicTime and ManicTimeClient logs to this post.
File Attachment(s):
ManicTime.txt (4kb) downloaded 2 time(s).
ManicTimeClient.txt (96kb) downloaded 1 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
admin  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, November 23, 2010 9:30:38 AM(UTC)
admin

It looks like UI rendering problem. There could be a problem with your graphics card driver. Could you check to see if you have the latest version?

If that doesn't help, try disabling hardware acceleration for ManicTime. You can do this by running ManicTime with the /nohw switch: ManicTime.exe /nohw
John B  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, November 30, 2010 8:36:59 PM(UTC)
John B

You are correct, I can confirm this is an issue with the graphics card driver. Switching to an older driver fixes the right-click crashing issue with ManicTime (but obviously is not a practical solution since it severely limits my screen resolution, prevents usage of dual screens, etc.). I did have the latest Matrox graphics driver available, but I downloaded it again and re-installed to make sure. I also tried the /nohw switch as suggested but this did not seem to have an effect. Additionally, I noticed that the first time I restarted Windows after installing the Matrox driver, right-clicking in ManicTime worked, but as soon as I changed the default display settings (from an 800x600 resolution to 1280x1024), right-clicking produced the error again. Reverting to the 800x600 resolution does not solve the issue.

In short, I am still looking for a solution to this issue, but I'm grateful for the advice so far. Thanks.

Edited by user Tuesday, November 30, 2010 8:39:19 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

admin  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, December 1, 2010 8:17:09 AM(UTC)
admin

You can try one more thing. Close ManicTime, including tracker, so that the icon in the notification area disappears. Then run ManicTimeClient.exe /nohw. You will see on the UI the tracker is not running. Then check if ManicTime still crashes.
John B  
#7 Posted : Thursday, December 2, 2010 12:43:45 AM(UTC)
John B

Thank you so much for all of your help. I was able to find a solution to my problem (because of your advice). Unbeknownst to me, my Matrox graphics card Hardware Acceleration settings were set to full. The setting was hidden under Troubleshoot->Change Settings. Turning off Hardware Acceleration immediately solved the ManicTime crashing issues that were occurring. I hadn't thought to search through the Matrox Control Panel, but that was the key.

I was prepared, if need be, to revert back to XP or even Vista just for ManicTime, which is a testament to it's usefulness. Thanks again.

Edited by user Thursday, December 2, 2010 12:45:45 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified