Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ferchoarg  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 2, 2010 9:38:27 PM(UTC)
ferchoarg

My native language is Spanish and I would like to make some suggestions regarding Spanish translations of ManicTime.

- On timeline, what in English is Away is now translated as Lejos which means far. It would be better to use Ausente (away, absent). Actually, on Settings Window it is correctly translated as "El tiempo está marcado como Ausente cuando".

- Again on time line Power off is translated as Apague. I think the word power in Power off is being used as a substantive and not as a verb. Apague is a conjugated verb (formal second-person imperative form). For example these two sentences are equivalent:

Please power off your pc. / Por favor apague su pc.

For the time line, the word should represent a state, so Apagado (which means turned off or switched off) should fit better.

- On settings (Configuración) Desplace and Use are conjugated in the same way as Apague. In these cases, it would be much better Desplazar and Usar which are in infinitive form (just like Mantener, Iniciar, and Comprobar)

- On "Privacy..." ("Privacidad y notificaciones")
Instead of Bloqueo en cerrar ventana you could use Bloquear al cerrar la ventana that sounds better.
Also, Pedir is one of the correct translations of Ask, but in this case you should use Preguntar.
Preguntar means to ask a question.
Pedir means to ask someone to do something.

- La protección de contraseña is not wrong but sounds ugly. It is like saying The password protection. You can just say Protección de contraseña or Protección con contraseña.

- Vuelva a escribir la contraseña is correct but it is too long and the word "contraseña" is not visible because it is behind the textbox. You could use "Confirmar contraseña" (that's what Spanish Gmail says when you change your password).

Finally, you should correct the OK button which says Haga clic en aceptar and it should say just Aceptar

If there is another native Spanish speaker in the forum, please post your opinion.
admin  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, November 2, 2010 10:37:23 PM(UTC)
admin

If you like you can make all the changes yourself. Download this file

www.manictime.com/translator_1_4.zip

All translations are included. Copy to some folder. Run ManicTimeTranslator.exe, Load es.txt file. Make the changes and click save.

To try it out, close MT, overwrite es.txt file to Program files/ManicTime/Translations and run it.

You can send me the new file when you are done and we will include it in the next version.