Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dvpwake  
#1 Posted : Sunday, October 24, 2010 8:59:24 AM(UTC)
dvpwake

Hi,

I am keeping to receive anti-virus notifications while installing and using ManicTime. It says that it contains troyan

Trojan/Win32.Swisyn.gen

which collects personal information and installs backdoor to gain control of one's computer.

Any comment on that? Since I do not know much (if anything) about your company it makes me afraid to use the program.

Thanks.
Wake.

Edited by user Sunday, October 24, 2010 9:02:24 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

admin  
#2 Posted : Monday, October 25, 2010 11:49:39 AM(UTC)
admin

Whenever we make a version we scan it through virustotal. Currently 3 out of 43 apps are reporting a trojan. I think (hope) this are false positives.
We also submitted the msi version and it is clean so if you want you can try that one.

The exe is basically a zip file changed to the exe with one of the zip to exe tools. It looks like this conversion changes the file in a way that those three antiviruses find the trojan. We will try to find some other zip to exe tool to see if we can make it 100% clean on virustotal.
admin  
#3 Posted : Monday, October 25, 2010 4:02:25 PM(UTC)
admin

We repackaged it with another zip to exe, so now it is clean on all antivirus apps used by virustotal