Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Peter Parker  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 12, 2013 2:58:35 PM(UTC)
Peter Parker

I would like to make suggestions for two (2) features.

First, enable the user to open the document, application, email that is listed when clicking on a Tag, sort of like a hyperlink on a webpage function within ManicTime.

Second, I pitched the idea of everyone in the firm using ManicTime. One issue that came up from Accounting is that the Generating Report function does not have a label or field identifying the timekeeper. Is there a way to do that now? If so, how? If not, is this feasible?

Thank you.
admin  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, November 12, 2013 4:24:54 PM(UTC)
admin

First one:
We could open apps, but I guess we just never saw the advantage of opening it from within MT.
As for docs, I think those which have the full path open. From some apps we can only get the filename without the path and those we can't open since we don't their path.

Second one:
You mean you would like to see the person making the tags? In ManicTime client timesheet the only thing you can do is add a column for Timeline. This will show you from where the tags are coming from.

If you use the server and generate it there, you can add a User column.
http://www.manictime.com...on_v2_2#server-timesheet

Is this what you meant?
Peter Parker  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, November 12, 2013 4:48:21 PM(UTC)
Peter Parker

The advantage for opening the documents, at least at a law firm is this, a client calls or another attorney calls about the document I was working on last week. I simply open manic to that date and click on it. Additionally, sometimes it may be a week before I generate my printed time sheets. It is instantly efficient for me to click on the document and see what I was working on rather than spending 10 minutes or so going through server files to find it.

We haven't graduated to putting it on the server. I do not know how complicated that would be. But we have to generate paper copies for billing as back up to the electronic copies. I am looking to have a user/timekeeper field to print or appear similar to that on the attached file.
File Attachment(s):
131107 rmb time sheet SAMPLE FOR MANIC TIME.doc (36kb) downloaded 7 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
admin  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, November 12, 2013 5:50:15 PM(UTC)
admin

The problem is that we don't have enough information or we can't open it at a specific point.
From some apps we can only get the title or filename or something, but not the full path. In case of email for example, I have no idea how we can open an app to a specified email. If for example we would just take your company, this would probably be doable, because we could write this for specific apps you use, lets say Word and Outlook, but then if somebody uses web email, or some other email client it would break again. And even for specific apps automating some app is not very reliable.

In the sample file, which part of the report are you having problems with? The name in the header? #File (how do you track this one)?