Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Stonos  
#1 Posted : Friday, October 1, 2010 10:34:55 AM(UTC)
Stonos

Hey,

I noticed that there is a problem with ManicTime and Firefox 4 (on Windows 7). Document tracking does not work.

If browser.taskbar.previews.enable is set to true on Firefox, then ManicTime won't log any document. However, if it is set to false, it will log something, however it appears to keep logging the same document, when in reality, I have changed my active tab, creating something like this:

UserPostedImage

As you can see by the color, ManicTime logged only 1 document, when in reality I was changing tabs.
admin  
#2 Posted : Friday, October 1, 2010 1:54:20 PM(UTC)
admin

You are correct, Firefox 4 beta does not work correctly. We tried working on this plugin a few days ago, but we hit a few problems. With the new tab merging tool its now very hard to know which URL is the current one. So for now we decided to wait for the next beta to see if there will be any changes to how this is implemented.

We can try to make a plugin which will work as long as you wont use the preview tabs you mentioned and the tab merging tool. I can upload this sometime next week if you like.
Stonos  
#3 Posted : Friday, October 1, 2010 2:32:53 PM(UTC)
Stonos

Yes please, it would be appreciated :)
emerson  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, December 7, 2010 2:55:44 AM(UTC)
emerson

Now that Firefox 4 is further along on the beta chain and the feature freeze is officially in place, any update on a possible working solution for document tracking?.

I purchased the pro version as MT is a very nice/unobtrusive time tracking application. That said, FF4 is getting ever closer to RC and will soon be out to everyone. I plan to take advantage of the advanced tab management features of FF4 (but have been holding off in the meantime so as not to lose the document tracking functionality of MT). I have no problem installing an addon if that's what would be required. Good luck and look forward to an update!

Edited by user Tuesday, December 7, 2010 2:56:23 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

admin  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, December 8, 2010 11:01:40 AM(UTC)
admin

I completely forgot about this. We will take a look at the latest beta next week, I will post what we find out.
admin  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, December 21, 2010 6:44:26 PM(UTC)
admin

Firefox tracking should work in new version (1.4.9) for FF 4 beta 7 and beta 8.

Let us know if you have any problems.
Stonos  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, January 25, 2011 10:09:44 PM(UTC)
Stonos

It's better, but still not fully working: It doesn't track titles:

UserPostedImage

I'm using Minefield build 20110125.

Edited by user Tuesday, January 25, 2011 11:26:02 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

admin  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, January 26, 2011 9:35:47 AM(UTC)
admin

If I understand you correctly, what you are describing is something which worked in v1.3. You could see title and document on Document timeline.
We removed this in v1.4 to make timelines more independent. So now you can see document on document timeline and title on application timeline (if you move your mouse up to app timeline it should show up). We needed to do this for a few features which are coming. When we are done with those features we will try to bring this back.
Stonos  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, January 26, 2011 10:36:19 AM(UTC)
Stonos

You're right, that's what I was talking about. Thanks.