Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ondrej  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, August 27, 2013 2:12:41 PM(UTC)
ondrej

Man
Czech Republic

I would like to have an option to exclude private informations (e.g. visited websites, document names, e-mail message titles, ...) from log files. Currently I must delete all these informations manually before sending logs for analysis.
jonlau  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, August 27, 2013 10:58:08 PM(UTC)
jonlau

I'm just a regular user like you, so I'm just providing a workaround. You can open your logs in excel and then create a macro or select column A and delete it and then shift all the columns back 1.

The "Document" section doesn't appear to be exported, only the Name or "Title" of the window.

"Name","Start","End","Duration","Process"
"Please wait while the application opens","8/27/2013 2:17:21 PM","8/27/2013 2:17:26 PM","0:00:05","ManicTime"

admin  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, August 28, 2013 12:45:38 PM(UTC)
admin

I think onderej is referring to tracker.log, which is by default disabled. User can enable it in ManicTime.xml. When we need it we ask the user to enable it and it logs almost everything ManicTime tracks.

I guess the best way would be to transform the data so instead of facebook.com it would say "aksjhdkjhdsf".

In any case, we will not work on this. This log is so rarely used that it would be a waste of time.

Logs which are enabled by default don't write any personal data.