Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
PaulBrierley  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, August 24, 2010 11:48:11 AM(UTC)
PaulBrierley

I really love the document tracking available for the supported list of programs.
As a designer I use Photoshop heavily and can track projects through the document view with incredible accuracy using client/project codes in the file names.

However, like 99.9% of designers in the world I use many design packages to produce my work.

To support Photoshop and NOT support the rest of Adobe's product range is to render the document tracking system all but redundant for all but a tiny minority of the creative users.

The bare minimum to cover the vast majority of professional graphic designers needs would be:

Photohop
Illustrator
InDesign
Acrobat

If you want to widen the net to capture those designers that design for web add:

Dreamweaver
Flash
Fireworks

Further into the speciality market you could start to cover 3D and motion graphics with things like:

After Effects
Maya
3DS max

(this list can become a little muddy with so much proprietary/obscure software used making it harder to quantify a majority umbrella list)

What are the plans to expand the support list?

Cheers

Paul

admin  
#2 Posted : Thursday, August 26, 2010 10:07:01 AM(UTC)
admin

The problem with document tracking is that we have to write code for each app. So for example extracting a url from IE is different from extracting it from Firefox. So obviously we cant write plugins for every app imaginable.

What you can do, is write your own plugins. We were hoping that some users will make a few plugins and we could then include them in the download. Sadly, so far there has not been much interest in this feature.

If you are interested in this there is an example app here

If you decide to try it, let me know, we will gladly help out.