Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
zildjohn01  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, August 17, 2010 5:31:07 AM(UTC)
zildjohn01

I'm trying out ManicTime, and it appears to stop tracking intermittently, with the process appearing to hang. If I kill and restart the process, it will start tracking again, but the problem repeats itself shortly. I was using the PC right up until 10:00 in this pic:

UserPostedImage

Every time it stops, I get the following entry in the log:

Quote:
8/16/2010 8:54:49 PM 2 3652 33 Time changing from 8/16/2010 8:49:01 PM -04:00 to 8/16/2010 8:54:49 PM -04:00

In addition, I can now no longer even start the program for some reason. I get the following errors:

Quote:
8/16/2010 10:06:07 PM 2 2172 1 ManicTime Tracker 1.3.1.2 started.
8/16/2010 10:06:12 PM 1 2172 1 *** System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'C:\Documents and Settings\*********\Local Settings\Temp\mvjf_pr-.dll'., at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath) ... at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer..ctor(Type type, String defaultNamespace) at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer..ctor(Type type) at Finkit.ManicTime.Common.SettingsFile.Load() at Finkit.ManicTime.Common.ApplicationSettings.get_LocalSettings()
8/16/2010 10:06:13 PM 1 2172 1 *** System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'C:\Documents and Settings\*********\Local Settings\Temp\jrjs4nbh.dll'., at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath) ... at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer..ctor(Type type) at Finkit.ManicTime.Common.SettingsFile.Save()
8/16/2010 10:06:13 PM 1 2172 1 *** System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'C:\Documents and Settings\*********\Local Settings\Temp\jrjs4nbh.dll'., at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath) ... at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer..ctor(Type type) at Finkit.ManicTime.Common.SettingsFile.Save() at Finkit.ManicTime.Common.SettingsFile.CreateWithDefaultValues() at Finkit.ManicTime.Common.ApplicationSettings.get_LocalSettings()
8/16/2010 10:06:13 PM 1 2172 1 *** System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'C:\Documents and Settings\*********\Local Settings\Temp\dm20poop.dll'., at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath) ... at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer..ctor(Type type) at Finkit.ManicTime.Common.SettingsFile.Save()
8/16/2010 10:06:13 PM 1 2172 1 *** Microsoft.Practices.Unity.ResolutionFailedException: Resolution of the dependency failed, type = "Finkit.ManicTime.Tracker.Main.Notifier.NotifyIconControler", name = "". Exception message is: The current build operation (build key Build Key[Finkit.ManicTime.Tracker.Main.Notifier.NotifyIconControler, null]) failed: Could not find file 'C:\Documents and Settings\*********\Local Settings\Temp\dm20poop.dll'. (Strategy type BuildPlanStrategy, index 3), at Microsoft.Practices.Unity.UnityContainer.DoBuildUp(Type t, Object existing, String name) ... at Microsoft.Practices.Unity.UnityContainer.DoBuildUp(Type t, Object existing, String name) *** System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'C:\Documents and Settings\*********\Local Settings\Temp\dm20poop.dll'., at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath) ... at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer..ctor(Type type) at Finkit.ManicTime.Common.SettingsFile.Save() at Finkit.ManicTime.Common.SettingsFile.CreateWithDefaultValues() at Finkit.ManicTime.Common.ApplicationSettings.get_LocalSettings() at Finkit.ManicTime.Tracker.Main.Notifier.NotifyIconControler.SetVisibility() at Finkit.ManicTime.Tracker.Main.Notifier.NotifyIconControler..ctor(ApplicationSettings applicationSettings) at BuildUp_Finkit.ManicTime.Tracker.Main.Notifier.NotifyIconControler(IBuilderContext ) at Microsoft.Practices.ObjectBuilder2.DynamicMethodBuildPlan.BuildUp(IBuilderContext context) at Microsoft.Practices.ObjectBuilder2.BuildPlanStrategy.PreBuildUp(IBuilderContext context) at Microsoft.Practices.ObjectBuilder2.StrategyChain.ExecuteBuildUp(IBuilderContext context)

I trimmed out what appear to be relevant portions of the stack traces. I've tried both delete the Application Data folder, as well as a reinstall, and nothing solved the problem. I have plenty of disk space.

Help with any of these issues would be greatly appreciated.
admin  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, August 17, 2010 12:20:00 PM(UTC)
admin

.Net tries to write some temporary files to Temp folder and it looks like this fails for some reason.

Try deleting the contents of temp folder and also check if your disk is full.

About the other error,
8/16/2010 8:54:49 PM 2 3652 33 Time changing from 8/16/2010 8:49:01 PM -04:00 to 8/16/2010 8:54:49 PM -04:00

This means that MT detected a change in your system time. Did you change system time by any chance?

Windows tries to synchronize system clock from the internet now and then, but I can't imagine this happening more than once a day. Could you post all Time changing entries?
zildjohn01  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, August 18, 2010 6:24:53 AM(UTC)
zildjohn01

Clearing the temp folder got it to run, although the tracking still silently fails.

Here's the log for the day pictured above: EDIT: File attached instead of posting a wall of text

It appears that something is causing the tracking thread to freeze for a long time, and when it finally resumes, the time is wildly different, so it thinks a time change occured. I didn't touch the system clock at all, and time synchronization is disabled.

I can confirm that tracking fails the exact second mentioned in "Time changing from xxxxxxx", and sometimes, but sometimes doesn't, resume at the second listed time.

The app is frozen now, and I noticed that it has 264 threads, almost all waiting on some resource... that's probably not normal. I tried getting a stack trace of one of the frozen threads for you, but I don't have debug symbols, so I had no luck.

Edited by user Wednesday, August 18, 2010 6:26:48 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

File Attachment(s):
temp3.txt (8kb) downloaded 2 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
admin  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, August 18, 2010 10:32:15 AM(UTC)
admin

You can send us the stack trace.

Download this file.
www.manictime.com/setup/v1_3_1_2/processinfo.zip

Copy the debug files to ManicTime.exe location (debug files are for the v1.3.1.2).

When the app hangs run ProcessInfo (x86 for 32bit, x64 for 64 bit OS). Double click on ManicTime.exe, this should show all the threads and where they are. Could you send the output to me.
zildjohn01  
#5 Posted : Thursday, August 19, 2010 6:56:20 AM(UTC)
zildjohn01

I've been waiting all day for the tracking to fail again, but it's worked fine all day. The failure might have just been a fluke. Maybe there was just an odd conflict in my temp folder...

In any case thanks for your help. I downloaded that archive... if it freezes on me again I'll be sure to send you more info.
zildjohn01  
#6 Posted : Saturday, August 21, 2010 11:10:57 PM(UTC)
zildjohn01

Well, I spoke too soon. It stopped again, yesterday at 11:01am. This time there were no log entries at the point where it stopped.

I attached the log just in case, and a dump from that tool.
File Attachment(s):
manic.txt (162kb) downloaded 10 time(s).
manic log.txt (12kb) downloaded 4 time(s).

admin  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, August 24, 2010 11:50:16 AM(UTC)
admin

Could you repeat the process one more time.

Copy pdb and dll files in program files and when it happens again, run processinfo (attached version).

And please send me log files and the output from process info.
File Attachment(s):
processInfo.zip (669kb) downloaded 3 time(s).

zildjohn01  
#8 Posted : Thursday, September 2, 2010 4:32:27 PM(UTC)
zildjohn01

Sorry for the delay. It's been working fine until this morning. It paused at 8:11:10, resumed at 8:12:33, and finally died at 8:14:34.
File Attachment(s):
manicmanicmanic.txt (29kb) downloaded 3 time(s).

admin  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, September 8, 2010 10:14:35 AM(UTC)
admin

Overwrite attached files in Program files/MT. When it happens again please send me output from ProcessInfo and log files.

Do you ever lock the workstation? If you do, how do you lock it? Is it auto locked when screen saver becomes active?

Keep an eye if it maybe stops tracking after you unlock it.

File Attachment(s):
mt-tracking-bug-2.ZIP (619kb) downloaded 1 time(s).

zildjohn01  
#10 Posted : Friday, October 15, 2010 9:04:18 PM(UTC)
zildjohn01

Hi, sorry for the delay. I've been on vacation.

This time it stopped responding Oct. 11 at 12:30 PM. I'll attach the dump file.

I do lock the PC, sometimes using Win+L, and sometimes auto-locking with the screen saver. That doesn't seem to be the cause, though... it usually stops working while I'm still logged on.
File Attachment(s):
latest_dump.txt (78kb) downloaded 3 time(s).

admin  
#11 Posted : Monday, October 18, 2010 5:58:27 PM(UTC)
admin

Thanks for the logs.
There is a new version on the server (v1.4.6). We made a couple of changes to the tracker. Most likely it still wont work correctly but it might give us some more information about what could be wrong.

So could you please download it and send me the logs and the processinfo output when it happens again.

And thanks for your patience :)
zildjohn01  
#12 Posted : Saturday, October 23, 2010 11:34:36 PM(UTC)
zildjohn01

Here's another dump. The last recorded activity was at Oct 21 at 9:49:27 PM.
File Attachment(s):
dumpitydumpdump.txt (2,241kb) downloaded 0 time(s).

Shandra  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, June 14, 2011 5:36:22 AM(UTC)
Shandra

zildjohn01 wrote:
I've been waiting all day for the tracking to fail again, but it's worked fine all day. The failure might have just been a fluke. Maybe there was just an odd conflict in my temp folder...

In any case thanks for your help. I downloaded that archive... if it freezes on me again I'll be sure to send you more info.ipad2 silicone cases ipad2 hard cases ipad2 folio cases

Edited by user Tuesday, June 14, 2011 5:38:41 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified