Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jxt  
#1 Posted : Monday, April 8, 2013 9:59:43 AM(UTC)
jxt

Hi,
I use MT on two PCs and on one of them i have installed a MT Server. Sometimes the timelines are not uploaded to the server and in status bar I see red text "Error". When I click on it I see "This timeline appears to be published..." (please see the screenshot for the full message.
It happens randomly on both PCs. I use MT USB v 2.3.9 and MT Server 1.2.2.
jxt attached the following image(s):
mt publishing timeline error.jpg (39kb) downloaded 3 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
jxt  
#2 Posted : Monday, April 8, 2013 10:03:25 AM(UTC)
jxt

I mean everything works for a while and sometimes I get this error and I have to republish the timelines again to fix the error. It happens without any changes made on my part.
admin  
#3 Posted : Monday, April 8, 2013 10:15:52 AM(UTC)
admin

I'll describe a bit how it works, since I don't know how you use it, maybe it will help.

When you publish data from one client it is sent to the server. Server also returns some id to the client so it can identify it.

If you transfer the same database to some other machine, it will sync the same data to the same timelines on the server from this machine.

Now when the old machine comes back online it will get an error since it was already updated from another machine.

This works as expected in cases when you for example upgrade to a new machine. Old computer is replaced with the new one and all just works.
If you transfer db between two active machines then you will have problems.

In the new client, 2.4 and the new v2 server (I can send a link if you'd like to test it), it will work like this:
first machine - send data
second machine (data copied from first one) - send data, deactivate data from first machine on the server (this will just mark timeline on the server as deactivated.
If the first machine will be activated again it will reactivate the timelines.
So it will work for two machines. If a third machine with the same timeline start sending the data then you will see an error.

So when you copy data between machines, republish the data, this way the server will know that the timelines are from different databases and it should work.

Does this help?
jxt  
#4 Posted : Monday, April 8, 2013 2:53:36 PM(UTC)
jxt

No, it doesn't help me.
As I already said, I don't copy, move, transfer, change, ... ... anything!
It works a few days and then just stop to work!
I use 2 machines. One with MT client and MT server and another just with MT client. They are connected with dynamic IPs given by a router in private wireless network. On the primary machine (with the server) I get the timelines from the second. Everything works for a days and then, without any changes or actions on my part, sometimes it just shows "error" and not works anymore. Then I have to republish the timelines (or just one timeline! that gives error) to the server.
admin  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, April 17, 2013 9:41:17 AM(UTC)
admin

Would you try the new versions. There is a v2.4 of client on the download page

Download the latest server here
www.manictime.com/setup/...imeServerWithSymbols.zip

If you are interested, there are some server stats on localhost:8080 once you install the server.

Let me know if this is any more stable.
jxt  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, April 17, 2013 10:54:39 AM(UTC)
jxt

Thank you! I will try it and will give you a feedback.