Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
janp  
#1 Posted : Friday, January 4, 2013 5:43:48 PM(UTC)
janp

Greetings,

Firstly thank you for an awesome piece of software, I've been using it for about a year now and I really enjoy using Manic Time.

Just a quick question. A few of my applications have been incorrectly tracked. For example, a particular java-based application creates a whole new application entry, each time the java-based software is updated.
I wondered if I was able to access the database behind Manic Time, and adjust the totals manually. Or are they all calculated on the fly?

I'm more than happy to pay for this function if it's not currently available.

Many thanks, and a Happy New Year!

Jan
admin  
#2 Posted : Friday, January 4, 2013 8:59:01 PM(UTC)
admin

You can update the database if you like, it is a normal MS SQL CE database.
You can use this tool
http://fishcodelib.com/database.htm

Could you tell me some more about the java problem. Special tracking for Java apps has been on our todo list for a while now, its about time we get to it. Is this publicly available software, something I can try?
janp  
#3 Posted : Friday, January 4, 2013 9:05:21 PM(UTC)
janp

Hi,

Thanks for the quick response! I actually found a different application that is able to modify the SQL CE database (SQL Compact Toolbox 4.0). For the life of me I couldn't find where the application total time is stored. If you're able to point me in the right direction, I'll gladly purchase the pro version of ManicTime as a thank you.

Regarding the Java application, it's a game called Minecraft. They've not released a new version for sometime, but I might be able to get hold of some older versions for you to test with. I also get the same problem if the Java runtimes get updated, Minecraft is seen as a new application again.

Thanks for your help!
janp  
#4 Posted : Friday, January 4, 2013 10:08:10 PM(UTC)
janp

I think I've worked it out:
I get the application name from table: Group. Using the "groupid", I modify the "totalseconds" column in table: groupstatisticscacheitem
admin  
#5 Posted : Saturday, January 5, 2013 12:06:49 AM(UTC)
admin

I wouldn't touch anything with statistics in title. That gets recalculated all the time, its just a cache so stats work faster.

What I would do. Figure out which groups you want to join. Find the latest one. Then change GroupId of all activities of the other groups to the latest group. So now all activities should point to the latest group.

Then in the Settings, go to clear Stats cache, go to stats and it should recalculate.

Something like that. And please MAKE a backup first :)