Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ultradianguy  
#1 Posted : Saturday, December 8, 2012 7:49:34 PM(UTC)
ultradianguy

It would be very helpful to be able to set when MT monitors, and in particular, when it will pop up the dialog asking what you what you've been doing since last Active.
For instance, on the weekend, I'd prefer it not ask me at all (no popup). In addition, I don't see any way to control what period of time it considers "overnight". How does it know when I consider it the end of my workday? For instance, suppose I leave work at 4pm, computer is off for 1 hour, and then I do some more work at home for 2 hours (this happens a lot). There doesn't seem to be any way to let MT know that my overnight period shouldn't start until 7pm.

Thanks,
Michael
admin  
#2 Posted : Saturday, December 8, 2012 7:59:21 PM(UTC)
admin

If I understand correctly you'd like to set when MT tracks your usage and when it doesn't? Or is it just the Away view poping up, and you would still like to track what you do?

By default a day in ManicTime is from midnight to midnight. But you can use Time shift to make MT track a day for example from 3am to 3am. This is useful if you are using the computer over midnight.

http://www.manictime.com...settings-day-start-shift
ultradianguy  
#3 Posted : Saturday, December 8, 2012 8:15:28 PM(UTC)
ultradianguy

Good question. I guess more the Away Popup, though in the ideal world each would have its own schedule. But if I had to choose, I'd say being able to control when the popup happens by day and time would be most helpful.
So I might want it to pop up only between 8 and 6pm on weekdays and not at all on weekends.