Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
admin  
#21 Posted : Saturday, December 8, 2012 2:29:16 PM(UTC)
admin

We'll see what we can do about the stopwatch. Stopwatch was never very important to us, since I guess the point of MT was exactly the oppsoite, that you don't need the stopwatch :)
But since we have it I guess it makes sense to make it as good as we can.

You are correct about the previous week....
So last 7 days, last 30 days?

Gmail..... which browser do you use? I can send you some code when we find some time.

The timesheet... I can describe how we create a similar report for one customer, maybe it will help.
We mostly write tags like
Work, Customer 1 - Note:"what we were working on"

Then in timesheet, we add a filter for this customer, then have these settings
Total:All
Columns: Day
Include notes: checked

This creates a report by days with notes about what was worked on that day.
metal450  
#22 Posted : Sunday, December 9, 2012 8:33:27 AM(UTC)
metal450

>>You are correct about the previous week....So last 7 days, last 30 days?

Last week, month, and year would be handy - and would probably make the most sense, since those are the denominations that are available for boundary-based timeperiods too :)

>>Gmail..... which browser do you use? I can send you some code when we find some time.

Chrome and Firefox, but primarily Chrome.

>> I can describe how we create a similar report for one customer, maybe it will help.

Ah, interesting! So you sort of simulate that behavior by reversing the axis. That oughta work for now...though I do still think a "exclude empty columns" tickbox would ultimately be nice - plus by doing it this way you do lose the days of the week labels across the top, and the ability to group by tags (i.e. subtasks for the given customer).
metal450  
#23 Posted : Wednesday, December 12, 2012 9:16:30 AM(UTC)
metal450

Here's another one for you, if you're not sick of my ideas already, haha :)

13) In Timesheet, you can group by 1st-level tags, 2nd level tags, etc. "Highest-level" tags might also be handy, so you could group by the 'most specific tag' (even if they're at a different level).
admin  
#24 Posted : Wednesday, December 12, 2012 9:50:51 AM(UTC)
admin

I don't follow, could you explain it a bit more?
metal450  
#25 Posted : Wednesday, December 12, 2012 9:55:41 AM(UTC)
metal450

For example, group by all tags:
http://screencast.com/t/Ek2qoUzi

Group by first level tags:
http://screencast.com/t/ay5pdJgr5MM

Group by third level tags:
http://screencast.com/t/D6pMayS4pxgT

Group by last-level tags would, in this simple case, look like the last example, except that it'd show "USRadar" and "USRadar-Timed" as the row headings. This isn't a big deal at all, just a little something I noticed/thought of :) Unless I'm just misunderstanding.
admin  
#26 Posted : Wednesday, December 12, 2012 10:16:36 AM(UTC)
admin

Got it, something like "Last level of tags", "Second to last"...

Maybe a checkbox "Reverse tags" would also work.
Then First level would be last, second - second to last...

Don't know if it is very useful though, but it seems pretty powerful.
metal450  
#27 Posted : Wednesday, December 12, 2012 10:29:52 AM(UTC)
metal450

Exactly! It's much lower priority for me personally than some of the other ideas mentioned, but it does seem like it could come in handy for anyone with "tag paths" of varying length :)

(FYI, of all the stuff I've tossed out there, for me personally the most important are definitely:
*Not going idle while there's sound playing
*Parse out the subject from GMail (though of course I know I'd be doing most of the legwork if I really want this one :))
*Keep the stopwatch running through restarts

Followed by:
*Omit days with no hours when generating timesheets
*Tell which file WMP is playing

And finally, for convenience:
*'Today'-based timesheets (i.e. 'most recent xx')
metal450  
#28 Posted : Wednesday, December 12, 2012 10:38:06 AM(UTC)
metal450

Ooh, just when I sent that, I thought of a potentially elegant and very versatile way you might support the GMail thing!

Your idea of the "CustomTitle.txt" file was excellent - allowing users to read paths/files from any program that shows it in the titlebar. Perhaps a similar "DOMRules.txt" file could allow similar versatility, for pulling info from webpages being viewed. Someone could, for instance, enter CSS-style or jQuery-style selectors in the file, and when viewing a webpage, the content or attributes or whatever be pulled from those DOM elements and used to construct custom values for the "documents" timeline. That way information could be grabbed from literally any page, and if a page's DOM changes, it's not your fault - users can just update their files.

With something like that I could easily use the sender/recipient from a GMail message, another user could grab the subject from their browser-based Yahoo mailbox if desired, etc :)
admin  
#29 Posted : Wednesday, December 12, 2012 10:39:01 AM(UTC)
admin

I like the must have, nice to have :)

For the coming version:
We'll check the sound thing, but I wont promise anything here
We can do the stopwatch
I'll send you the code for the Chrome when I find some time.

And the timesheet, the most recent, is that a Last 7 days, last 30 days? We can do that one since it will take us minutes.
metal450  
#30 Posted : Wednesday, December 12, 2012 10:44:32 AM(UTC)
metal450

Sure - or an additional (but similar) idea could perhaps be a checkbox to lock "To" to whatever day today is. Then you could select "most recent month," *or* even just "Custom," with "lock to today" checked so it'll always show the most recent n-days until today (ideally limited to just the days for which there are actually nonzero values ;))

metal450  
#31 Posted : Wednesday, December 12, 2012 10:53:10 AM(UTC)
metal450

Incidentally, this has nothing to do with MT, but I noticed on your YouTube tutorial that you're from Slovenia. Since I imagine not too many of your customers have been there, just thought I'd mention that I passed through 2 years back - and Ljubljana was one of my favorite cities out of like 30 that I visited on that trip. Even have a couple friends over there :)

http://www.justin-klein.com/ljubljana
admin  
#32 Posted : Wednesday, December 12, 2012 11:04:39 AM(UTC)
admin

Next time you pass through we'll definitely grab a beer :)
admin  
#33 Posted : Wednesday, December 12, 2012 12:46:45 PM(UTC)
admin

This is your blog? You do get around :)

Last entries are from Cambodia? I've been there two years ago, Angkor Wat is one of the most memorable things I've seen.
metal450  
#34 Posted : Wednesday, December 12, 2012 6:24:26 PM(UTC)
metal450

It is. And yup - I spent 3 months in Cambodia, but that was already almost a year ago...just haven't had time to catch up on writing, hehe :)
Ev0oD  
#35 Posted : Thursday, May 9, 2013 8:37:56 AM(UTC)
Ev0oD

I've seen in the new update mentioning the WMP. However, no more information was provided, so when I did a search about it on google, it directed me to this forum thread. I only see here discussed this feature request. If it is implemented, how is it working, how should it be used?

Do you believe I can use an existing system to scrobble music to manicTime? Like Last.fm? I think they allow users to download data of what they listened to in a reasonable format. However, it is not that important to me at the moment, I'm just curious.

Keep up the good work
admin  
#36 Posted : Friday, May 10, 2013 3:11:26 PM(UTC)
admin

WMP is not very well done. It wont show you the file which is playing, but it should show the title of the video and the author. Or rather it will alternate between the two, like you see in a subtitle in WMP.
So it gives some info, maybe it will help someone. It unfortunately not shows which file is playing, which would be great.
2 Pages<12