Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ghuth  
#1 Posted : Saturday, July 3, 2010 10:32:44 AM(UTC)
ghuth

Hi

Here's a log of (some of) the times manictime has frozen on me during the last few weeks, along with my observations at the time.

15/6/10 ~12:15pm on open hung on "refreshing" popup.
18/6/2010 ~11am/12pm stuck on "refreshing" with away popup, after returning after an hour
18/6/2010 12:38 haven't restarted - same issue with refresh on popup. stops entry of tags, and won't pop up main screen.
22/6/2010 10:40am Popped up away screen for 15 min duration, but I was still logged in (10 min screen saver). I cancelled and tried to load the mainscreen and it was just black. Waited several minutes. Had to kill process.
(one similar event not logged)
29/6/2010 App refused to show tag summary on the away popup after returning. Just kept showing the loading animation. I didn't close it and the app continued to pop up after time away but still didn't show the tag summary, just the animation. I had to kill the manictimeclient.exe process using task manager.
3/7/2010 5:27 pm Same problem. This time I actually entered something and hit ok to the popup. Button froze, app froze. It's the client that's crashing... This time I just killed that process, left the other and then clicked on the icon to resurrect the client.exe - rest of the app was fine.

This is making it VERY frustrating and it feels to me more buggy after using the paid version than when it was using the free one. I'm running 1.3.1.2 Professional.

When's the next release? Will it resolve this issue? Do you need anything from me to help track down the problem or do you know what it is?

Thanks, Glenn
admin  
#2 Posted : Monday, July 5, 2010 12:59:14 PM(UTC)
admin

Hi!

Thank you for your detailed error report.
We are constantly trying to improve Manictime. This version of Manictime, you are using, should be very stable. Unfortunately we are still getting some "exotic" bug reports.

Could you help us out with by sending us more detailed log:

You will find ManicTime.log and ManicTimeTracker.log files in folder:
XP: C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings\Application Data\Finkit\ManicTime\
Vista: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\ Finkit\ManicTime\

Thanks.

Edited by user Monday, July 5, 2010 12:59:52 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

ghuth  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, July 6, 2010 5:31:54 AM(UTC)
ghuth

Hi

Thanks for the followup!

I have emailed these logs to Manictime Support <support@manictime.com>

Thanks, Glenn