Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jxt  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, May 15, 2012 1:43:18 PM(UTC)
jxt

Hi,
I have some auto tags and I need to review auto-tagged activities. I can select auto-tag timeline then to mark a checkbox for desired auto-tag in bottom right field and then click on applications/documents timeline and i will see all auto-tagged activities checked in bottom left field.
It's hardly to review activities in this way, it will be a lot better if I can filter and see only checked/marked activities and to hide all other non auto-tagged activities.
Is it possible?
admin  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, May 16, 2012 1:21:42 PM(UTC)
admin

Currently not possible. It would be easy to do it the same way tags work. Currently tag timeline is the one which shows little lines on the left and also those three selection buttons next to Add tag work based on it.
It would be easy to say don't use Tag timeline, but some other timeline. The problem is mostly UI, how to do this and not confuse the UI too much.
jxt  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, May 16, 2012 2:20:14 PM(UTC)
jxt

I think it's not UI related and you shouldn't add anything to the UI. You should improve the Filter field and allow us to use it for all timelines simultaneously. I mean something like query:
timeline:tags myTag1 AND (timeline:myAutotagTimeline1 group="myAutotag3") AND (timeline:documents group="www.google.com")

and also inputed strings should remain there if you change (select another) timeline after your search.

That should allow me to select my auto-tag timeline, then right click on desired tag and select "filter", then click on Documents timeline and see only results recorded in the same time as selected auto-tag. For example if I have auto tag:
"myAutoTag1 01:38:23-01:53:33 (0:15:10)" and i filter by it and then select Documents timeline i should get only results recorded during this 15 minutes.

Is it makes sense?
admin  
#4 Posted : Friday, May 18, 2012 9:37:49 AM(UTC)
admin

It does and I agree. But this is a major change and it will take some time before we implement it.
jxt  
#5 Posted : Friday, May 18, 2012 12:32:50 PM(UTC)
jxt

Yeah, i guess so.
Please just add this request to your TODO list. I'm looking forward to use it soon. :) Thanks in advance!