Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
NeHoMaR  
#1 Posted : Thursday, March 15, 2012 5:42:29 AM(UTC)
NeHoMaR

Some days ago, with the previous version (2.1.2), the program just stopped tracking for 2 days without my knowledge, the icon was there in the system tray, but frozen, not responding.

Now I installed the newest version (2.2), and yesterday the program closed itself without any warning, the icon was also there but disappeared when passed mouse pointer.

I am not sure why this happened, the only I can say is the time of the crash is the same of a system "wake up" from hibernation. But I hibernate everyday, and in a month crashed 2 times, not 30 times, so I am not sure what's the problem.
admin  
#2 Posted : Thursday, March 15, 2012 8:36:40 AM(UTC)
admin

Would you send me your log files? Help -> Pack log files
NeHoMaR  
#3 Posted : Thursday, March 15, 2012 10:23:19 AM(UTC)
NeHoMaR

First crash was day 9 of this month at the night (don't know exactly), the other crash was day 13 at the night too.

Uploaded logs here, I didn't see any private info inside, yes I checked :)

Edited by user Thursday, March 15, 2012 10:24:32 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

File Attachment(s):
ManicTime_Logs_2012-03-15.zip (43kb) downloaded 4 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
admin  
#4 Posted : Thursday, March 15, 2012 10:29:48 AM(UTC)
admin

Could you check Event viewer, Applications log on those two nights. Look for anything related to ManicTime.

Are there any entries?
NeHoMaR  
#5 Posted : Thursday, March 15, 2012 6:09:03 PM(UTC)
NeHoMaR

I already checked Event Viewer, didn't see anything not normal. Actually, was there where I noticed both crashes was very near to hibernation. So, maybe the excessive usage of system resources of hibernation make this? I mean, what's the tolerance of Manictime to not being able to access the database?

All software I use is "normal", and popular, the only difference that not much people use is Diskeeper and True Image, both could use the hard disk a lot, and could "block" the Manictime database to defrag or backup, I suppose.

Edited by user Thursday, March 15, 2012 6:16:11 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

jxt  
#6 Posted : Thursday, March 15, 2012 10:54:29 PM(UTC)
jxt

I have the same problem with MT 2.1.0.2
There is one difference - i don't hibernate but put my notebook in stand by a few times during a day. Currently my uptime is 17 days. Yesterday at 16:19 MT was crashed. That wast the time when I started my notebook. I've checked Event viewer and i have one warning and one error:

Quote:
Your computer was not able to renew its address from the network (from the DHCP Server) for the Network Card with network address 001E650D1550. The following error occurred:
The semaphore timeout period has expired. . Your computer will continue to try and obtain an address on its own from the network address (DHCP) server.

Quote:
Your computer has lost the lease to its IP address 192.168.1.100 on the Network Card with network address 001E650D1550.

I can remember that i put the notebook in stand by mode at 12:30 and now i'm seeing that MT not recognize the time between 12:30-16:19 as "power off". It's showing that one skype conversation was active 3:47:35 (it's wrong).

The last activity recorded by MT is "ManicTime - Please wait while the application opens 16:23:10 16:23:15 0:00:05".

I'm attaching screenshots.
jxt attached the following image(s):
mt1.jpg (94kb) downloaded 6 time(s).
mt2.jpg (91kb) downloaded 9 time(s).

admin  
#7 Posted : Friday, March 16, 2012 9:04:48 AM(UTC)
admin

NeHoMaR, There is nothing useful in your logs, and also no help from event viewer. I have set up my computers to hibernation, previously I had them to to sleep. Hopefully I can get the same error.

jxt, is there anything useful in MT logs? Could you post them?

One thing which could help is the tracker log, it writes to the log every activity before it writes it to the database (especially in jxt case, where the tracker worked incorrectly). At least we will know a bit more accurately when it crashes.
To enable it, go to the folder with the database. Find file ManicTime.xml. Open with notepad. Find this line

<TrackerLogEnabled>false</TrackerLogEnabled>

Change it to true so it reads
<TrackerLogEnabled>true</TrackerLogEnabled>

This will create one more log in the logs folder (where the database is, subfolder logs), it will contain all the stuff MT tracks.

When it crashes, would you send me a few entries before it crashes?

Edited by user Friday, March 16, 2012 9:07:32 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

jxt  
#8 Posted : Friday, March 16, 2012 3:24:35 PM(UTC)
jxt

Today it happened again. I put my laptop in sleep mode at home and then went out. I started it onece without any wireless connection, then sleep it again. After a few hours i wake it up and wireless connected at my Uni. I think the error is related to IP/network change after sleep mode.
Here is a screenshot of the error. I have Error log in Event Viewer > Application with source .NET Runtime 2.0 Error. I use Win XP SP3.
After I clicked "don't send" ManicTime.exe and ManicTimeClient.exe are still in process list, the icon is in the system tray but nothing happens when i click it (no client interface, no context menu).
If it doesn't help I will enable TrackerLog and will send you more info.
jxt attached the following image(s):
mt3.jpg (119kb) downloaded 6 time(s).

NeHoMaR  
#9 Posted : Friday, March 16, 2012 7:20:20 PM(UTC)
NeHoMaR

At least you get an error message, and can reopen the program immediately to continue the tracking.

I still think Manictime (or something .NET related) could crash if it cannot access something it should be available, like hard disk, or lan? I don't know how this software is programmed, but I imagine it needs more tolerance to some events that could crash it?
jxt  
#10 Posted : Friday, March 16, 2012 8:58:36 PM(UTC)
jxt

One more thing - i have scheduled backup every day at 16:00. Last two crashes were when I sleep the notebook before 16:00, then move it to another location with different wireless and wake it up after 16:00.
admin  
#11 Posted : Monday, March 19, 2012 8:39:12 PM(UTC)
admin

We will work on the tracker in the coming months and will try to build it so it wont need any database, just a text file. Then some other process will parse that.
Maybe it will help.
jxt  
#12 Posted : Thursday, March 22, 2012 10:04:08 PM(UTC)
jxt

Is this error related:

Code:
Finkit.ManicTime.Shared.Helpers.WorkItemException: Error executing work item. Caller stack trace:
   at System.Environment.GetStackTrace(Exception e, Boolean needFileInfo)
   at System.Environment.get_StackTrace()
   at Finkit.ManicTime.Shared.Helpers.ThreadHelper.QueueUserWorkItem(Action action)
   at ActivityTracker.ComputerUsageTracking.ComputerUsageTracker.kv2rwwV1J(Object , PowerModeChangedEventArgs )
   at System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, SignatureStruct& sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner)
   at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks)
   at System.Delegate.DynamicInvokeImpl(Object[] args)
   at Microsoft.Win32.SystemEvents.SystemEventInvokeInfo.InvokeCallback(Object arg)
   at System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, SignatureStruct& sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner)
   at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks)
   at System.Delegate.DynamicInvokeImpl(Object[] args)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbackDo(ThreadMethodEntry tme)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbackHelper(Object obj)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallback(ThreadMethodEntry tme)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbacks()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.MarshaledInvoke(Control caller, Delegate method, Object[] args, Boolean synchronous)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.Invoke(Delegate method, Object[] args)
   at System.Windows.Forms.WindowsFormsSynchronizationContext.Send(SendOrPostCallback d, Object state)
   at Microsoft.Win32.SystemEvents.SystemEventInvokeInfo.Invoke(Boolean checkFinalization, Object[] args)
   at Microsoft.Win32.SystemEvents.RaiseEvent(Boolean checkFinalization, Object key, Object[] args)
   at Microsoft.Win32.SystemEvents.OnPowerModeChanged(IntPtr wParam)
   at Microsoft.Win32.SystemEvents.WindowProc(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)
   at System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.PeekMessage(MSG& msg, HandleRef hwnd, Int32 msgMin, Int32 msgMax, Int32 remove)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(Int32 dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run()
   at Finkit.ManicTime.Tracker.Main.TrackerApplicationInstance.Run()
   at Finkit.ManicTime.Tracker.WinApp.Program.Main(String[] args)
--- End of caller stack trace
   at Finkit.ManicTime.Shared.Helpers.ThreadHelper.<>c__DisplayClass1.<QueueUserWorkItem>b__0(Object state)
   at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.WaitCallback_Context(Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.runTryCode(Object userData)
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallbackInternal(_ThreadPoolWaitCallback tpWaitCallBack)
   at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback(Object state)
---
System.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeException: There is a file sharing violation. A different process might be using the file. [ E:\Programs\ManicTimeUsb\Data\ManicTime.sdf ]
   at System.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeConnection.ProcessResults(Int32 hr)
   at System.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeConnection.Open(Boolean silent)
   at System.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeConnection.Open()
   at Finkit.ManicTime.Common.DataAccess.ThreadStaticConnectionPool.GetConnection()
   at Finkit.ManicTime.Common.DataAccess.ConnectionPoolUnitOfWork.GetConnection()
   at Finkit.ManicTime.Common.DataAccess.ConnectionPoolUnitOfWork.EnsureTransactionStarted()
   at Finkit.ManicTime.Common.DataAccess.ConnectionPoolUnitOfWork.EnsureTransactionStarted()
   at Finkit.ManicTime.Common.DataAccess.ConnectionPoolUnitOfWork.EnlistCommand(IDbCommand command)
   at Finkit.ManicTime.Common.DataAccess.ConnectionPoolUnitOfWork.Enlist[T](T objectToEnlist)
   at Finkit.ManicTime.Common.DataAccess.GenericCommandExecutor.<ExecuteReader>d__0.MoveNext()
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereSelectEnumerableIterator`2.MoveNext()
   at Finkit.ManicTime.Common.ActivityTimelines.EntityRepository.<Enumerate>d__0`1.MoveNext()
   at System.Linq.Buffer`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 source)
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToArray[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)
   at Finkit.ManicTime.Common.ActivityTimelines.Activities.ActivityRepository.Get(ActivityQuery query)
   at Finkit.ManicTime.Tracker.TrackerEventProcessor.ActivityDBWriter.GetPreviousActivityByEndTime(DateTimeOffset endLocalTime)
   at Finkit.ManicTime.Tracker.Tracking.TrackerEventProcessor.ApplicationDocument.ApplicationDocumentDbWriter.GetPreviousTrackerActivityByEndTime(DateTimeOffset endTime)
   at Finkit.ManicTime.Tracker.TrackerEventProcessor.ActivityProcessor.SynchronizeActivityWithDB(ITrackerActivity activity)
   at Finkit.ManicTime.Tracker.TrackerEventProcessor.ActivityProcessor.SynchronizeActivitiesWithDB()
   at Finkit.ManicTime.Tracker.TrackerEventProcessor.ActivityProcessor.ProcessTrackerEvents(TrackerEvent[] trackerEvents)
   at Finkit.ManicTime.Tracker.TrackerEventProcessor.ActivityProcessor.OnTrackerEventsEvent(TrackerEventsEvent trackerEventsEvent)
   at Finkit.ManicTime.Common.EventHub.Publish[T](T subject)
   at Finkit.ManicTime.Tracker.TrackerCache.EventTracker.PublishTrackerEventsEvent()
   at Finkit.ManicTime.Tracker.TrackerCache.EventTracker.ComputerUsageTracker_ComputerUsageTypeChangedEvent(Object sender, ComputerUsageTypeChangedEventArgs e)
   at ActivityTracker.ComputerUsageTracking.ComputerUsageTracker.HSJAt0TDU(String , DateTimeOffset )
   at ActivityTracker.ComputerUsageTracking.ComputerUsageTracker.<>c__DisplayClass1.<SystemEvents_PowerModeChanged>b__0()
   at Finkit.ManicTime.Shared.Helpers.ThreadHelper.<>c__DisplayClass1.<QueueUserWorkItem>b__0(Object state)

***ProcessInfo:
*** Start: 22.03.2012 21:58:12.468
*ProcessInfoX86 Start: 22.03.2012 21:58:12.468
System.TimeoutException: Process did not return results in time: E:\Programs\ManicTimeUsb\ProcessInfoX86.exe;ManicTime.exe ManicTimeClient.exe
   at Finkit.ManicTime.Shared.Logging.ProcessInfo.ProcessInfoService.RunAndCaptureOutput(String fileName, String arguments, TimeSpan timeout)
   at Finkit.ManicTime.Shared.Logging.ProcessInfo.ProcessInfoService.GetProcessInfo(String processInfoFileName, String arguments)
*ProcessInfoX86 End: 22.03.2012 21:58:28.890

*** End: 22.03.2012 21:58:28.890
admin  
#13 Posted : Friday, March 23, 2012 10:40:39 AM(UTC)
admin

Most likely. For some reason it can't open the database. Does it happen often? If it does, we could rewrite this a bit and send you some code to try.
jxt  
#14 Posted : Friday, March 23, 2012 3:46:27 PM(UTC)
jxt

It happens every 2-3 days but sometimes I receive error like that, sometimes error like the one in the screenshots, sometimes MT just freezes and can't be opened.
admin  
#15 Posted : Friday, March 23, 2012 4:04:50 PM(UTC)
admin

I'll send some files next week, maybe we can figure it out
admin  
#16 Posted : Friday, April 6, 2012 12:56:08 PM(UTC)
admin

A little late, we finally found some time.

Try this version. It has some more logging and a few changes around database connection which might help. If you have problems again, send me log the file.

Right click MT icon, choose Exit. Download file and install, it will upgrade over the current install.
www.manictime.com/setup/v2_2_3_1/manictime.exe
jxt  
#17 Posted : Friday, April 6, 2012 7:53:57 PM(UTC)
jxt

ok, thanks!
NeHoMaR  
#18 Posted : Tuesday, June 5, 2012 6:19:45 AM(UTC)
NeHoMaR

Hi. After many weeks without crashing, today Manictime closed self (crashed without warning)

The reason was a over use of hard disk, Windows was unresponsive for many seconds, with intense hard disk usage: copying big files, opening 2 applications at the same time, plus compressing a 7z, and also with a VMWare machine running.

Most annoying part is Manictime is the ONLY app that crashed, and without warning. What about at least add a warning? so I just reopen it? I lost 12 hours of tracking.
admin  
#19 Posted : Monday, June 25, 2012 7:45:32 PM(UTC)
admin

Is anybody using v2.2.3.1? Could you post the logs and also one or two times when it stopped tracking?