Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
airicks  
#1 Posted : Friday, January 13, 2012 1:03:57 PM(UTC)
airicks

I would love to be able to highlight a time span in the timeline and press a user-assignable keyboard shortcut to assign a tag.

When editing a tag, you would be able to configure the keyboard shortcut for it. For example, CTRL-1 could be assigned to Tag1, CTRL-2 to Tag2, and CTRL-3 to Tag3. Then instead of selecting a span in the timeline, right clicking, and clicking the tag, you could save time by just highlighting and hit CTRL-X to apply the appropriate tag.
admin  
#2 Posted : Monday, January 16, 2012 10:13:48 AM(UTC)
admin

When you select some time you can press CTRL-T to open Tag window.

A great idea about the CTRL - 1,2,3... keys. I'll add it to our list, we will try to implement it in the next version.
admin  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, February 15, 2012 5:01:44 PM(UTC)
admin

Part of v2.2. There is a beta on the site.

http://www.manictime.com...rsion_v2_2#tag-shortcuts
anahidra  
#4 Posted : Saturday, May 12, 2012 3:58:03 PM(UTC)
anahidra

Aloha!

was delighted to find this topic and its implementation.

Would it be possible to extend this function to stopwatch-usage, i.e. that one could start the stopwatch, automatically allocating a tag by pressing e.g. ctrl+shift+[tag-no.]?

Best Regards,
ana

admin  
#5 Posted : Monday, May 14, 2012 8:38:01 AM(UTC)
admin

From within MT something like this would work. But you are probably talking about global shortcuts, I mean that they work from within any app on windows?
anahidra  
#6 Posted : Monday, May 14, 2012 11:03:02 AM(UTC)
anahidra

nah, I'm not referring to hotkey-combos as used by some applications (e.g. those that employees must be expressedly informed about; - and spouses usually are not) ;)

No. I meant expanding the already implemented ctrl+[1-9] function so that one can start the stopwatch and allocate a tag without having to detach hands from keyboard. (provided that the app is not running in background, changing into the app cann be done via keyboard (alt+tab - tab - ... - tab) via keyboard anyhow).

If my request is easy to implement I'll put in another:

With stopwatch already running, end recording for tag A (i.e. 1) and start stopwatch for tag B (i.e. 2) by pressing ctrl+[shift, or whatever special key]+2.

MT should then ask whether user wishes to really end time-taking for A and start time-taking for B (OK = default = [enter]) or abort [esc] or – (slowly raising the bar, here) add B as a second tag to this recording session (this will probably have to be for the whole stopwatch-session).

admin  
#7 Posted : Monday, May 14, 2012 12:42:10 PM(UTC)
admin

Added to our todo list