Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
horvathcom  
#1 Posted : Saturday, May 29, 2010 12:21:35 AM(UTC)
horvathcom

This is such an interesting product, yet I am disappointed in what appears to be an obvious flaw. Of course, the flax could be my own :-).

When trying to tag time, I have been using application and document timelines, and have done searches/filters on the titles and then add the appropriate tag to them. Some of the filters overlap. I am doing systems engineering work, and would like to track time on release, feature, and type of activity.

So for example, if I search/filter on "Release 1" and tag everything with a "Rel1" tag, things are looking good. But some people put "R1.0" in document titles or emails, so I then filter on "R1.0" and tag it as "Rel1". Still OK unless someone has "Release 1/R1.0" in a title. Now I have just duplicated the time under "Rel1" for the same activity.

Now I search on a feature name. Since I know what release that feature is in, I tag with both a feature tag, and "Rel1". If someone had "R1.0 Feature Name", I have just tagged it a third time.

Why does it allow me to tag the same time, with the same tag, multiple times? How do I add tags so they don't accumulate on top of each other if already present?
horvathcom attached the following image(s):
5-28-2010 4-17-41 PM.png (169kb) downloaded 5 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
admin  
#2 Posted : Saturday, May 29, 2010 11:11:57 AM(UTC)
admin

This should work as expected in the latest version, 1.3.0.5

Just click on the version number in the lower right corner to upgrade.