Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
davidem  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 3, 2012 7:57:31 PM(UTC)
davidem

there was a feature proposed to provide a recall list of common advanced filters, but I suggest a refinement/extension of that idea:

for each recognized application, allow the specification of a "standard" filter to apply for that app, and an easily accessibl checkbox to apply/unapply those terms.

e.g., for Outlook, I keep this one socked away:

group="OUTLOOK.EXE;Microsoft Office Outlook" -"Calendar - Microsoft Outlook" -"Inbox - Microsoft Outlook" -"Sent Items - Microsoft Outlook" -"Conversation History - Microsoft Outlook" -"alerts - Microsoft Outlook" -"Advanced Find" -Reminder -"Mailbox Cleanup" -"Deleted Items - Microsoft Outlook" -"Drafts - Microsoft Outlook" -"Microsoft Office Outlook" -"Select Names: Global Address List" -"All Mail Items - Microsoft Outlook" -"Contacts - Microsoft Outlook" -"Untitled - Message" -"To-Do List - Microsoft Outlook"

These are entries that litter the timeline, but you can't really extract anything specific from, so I don't want to see them.

The have them for each app that I would do this for for each app that I would do this for jumbled up in a single recall list would become tedious, especially if I mostly use just one for each app.

The general recall dropdown is fine, but allow that one to serve for recall of more complicated filters.
davidem  
#2 Posted : Thursday, June 13, 2013 6:59:27 PM(UTC)
davidem

no go on something like this?
admin  
#3 Posted : Friday, June 14, 2013 8:26:02 AM(UTC)
admin

You remove all general Outlook info from the timeline. What do you do then?
davidem  
#4 Posted : Friday, June 14, 2013 10:19:36 PM(UTC)
davidem

I was using it for ad hoc tagging of whatever was left over that hadn't been caught by autotagging or document/group capture for Outlook.

Honestly, I haven't used the app for a year, so I cannot recall the work habits that forced me to do this, but I recall that it was done heavily at the time I asked about it. Perhaps the new group/title capture features, and more flexible autotagging will cover this, now. I'll put a pin in it for now.