Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
fred  
#1 Posted : Thursday, May 27, 2010 9:27:19 AM(UTC)
fred

I am getting the following error when starting ManicTime:

System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: An exception occurred during the operation, making the result invalid. Check InnerException for exception details.
at System.ComponentModel.AsyncCompletedEventArgs.RaiseExceptionIfNecessary()
at System.ComponentModel.RunWorkerCompletedEventArgs.get_Result()
at Finkit.ManicTime.Client.Main.Views.TodayViewActivityLoader.Worker_RunWorkerCompleted(Object sender, RunWorkerCompletedEventArgs e)
at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnRunWorkerCompleted(RunWorkerCompletedEventArgs e)
at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.AsyncOperationCompleted(Object arg)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter, Delegate catchHandler)
---
System.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeException: The specified table does not exist. [ TimeTag ]
at System.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeCommand.CompileQueryPlan()
at System.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeCommand.ExecuteCommand(CommandBehavior behavior, String method, ResultSetOptions options)
at System.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
at System.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeCommand.ExecuteDbDataReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
at System.Data.Common.DbCommand.System.Data.IDbCommand.ExecuteReader()
at Finkit.ManicTime.Common.DataAccess.GenericCommandExecutor.<ExecuteReader>d__0.MoveNext()
at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereSelectEnumerableIterator`2.MoveNext()
at Finkit.ManicTime.Common.Plugins.Tags.TagRepository.GetTimeTagDictionaryFromSelectCommand(IDbCommand selectCommand, IDictionary`2 groupDict)
at Finkit.ManicTime.Common.Plugins.Tags.TagRepository.GetActivityDictionaryFromSelectCommand(IDbCommand selectCommand, IDictionary`2 groupDict)
at Finkit.ManicTime.Common.Plugins.Tags.TagRepository.GetActivitiesFromSelectCommand(IDbCommand selectCommand, IDictionary`2 groupDict)
at Finkit.ManicTime.Common.Plugins.Tags.TagRepository.GetActivities(IDictionary`2 groupDict, TimeTagQuery query)
at Finkit.ManicTime.Common.Plugins.Tags.TagRepository.GetActivities(TimeTagQuery query)
at Finkit.ManicTime.Common.Plugins.Tags.TagRepository.GetActivitiesWithTimeline(TimeTagQuery query)
at Finkit.ManicTime.Common.Plugins.Tags.TagRepository.GetActivitiesByDate(Int32 startDate, Int32 endDate, Timeline[] timelines)
at Finkit.ManicTime.Client.Main.Views.TodayViewActivityLoader.Worker_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnDoWork(DoWorkEventArgs e)
at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)

File Attachment(s):
Copy of ManicTime.txt (45kb) downloaded 3 time(s).
Copy of ManicTimeClient.txt (75kb) downloaded 3 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
admin  
#2 Posted : Thursday, May 27, 2010 11:34:47 AM(UTC)
admin

hi,

Did you delete part of the logs? Can you send full logs to support@manictime.com

fred  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, June 1, 2010 9:28:24 AM(UTC)
fred

Sorry for the slow response. I thought I had turned on email notifications, but had not. Now I am following this thread and will respond faster.
The log files get deleted when I run CCleaner; a program to that cleans up the computer by deleting log files, emptying the recycle bin, etc. It looks like those are the most recent and full log files. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling ManicTime, but that didn't help. I believe the DB somehow got messed up.
I should also note that ManicTime crashes after this message is displayed.
Thanks for the help,
Fred
admin  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, June 2, 2010 11:32:49 AM(UTC)
admin

This is the biggest bug of current version. When MT crashes on some machines the database becomes corrupted in the process. Sadly there is no solution, the tables actually get deleted. Logs would help us figure out what went wrong, but we still couldn't restore the database.

Version 1.3.0.5 was mostly about this bug, since quite a few users got it. We made some improvement since I think we got three errors like this (including yours), so it is getting more stable but still not stable enough. We will release a new version in a week or so which will hopefully be even more stable.

As for the database, the only thing you can do is delete it. If you upgraded from previous version (v1.2) MT makes a backup before you upgrade. Look for the file with name like ManicTime12.sdf or some other number (same folder as the database). That is the previous database, rename it to ManicTime.sdf and it will get upgraded again.

If you didn't upgrade then only a backup of the database will help.

I'm sorry about this, we are doing everything we can to fix this bug. If we can't fix it, we will most likely move the database to SQL Lite and stop using MS SQL Ce.