Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
tomstorms  
#1 Posted : Saturday, November 26, 2011 3:31:51 AM(UTC)
tomstorms

Is there a way that I can select using Computer Usage as part of the Timesheet? I am only able to select Tags?
admin  
#2 Posted : Monday, November 28, 2011 9:23:06 AM(UTC)
admin

Yes, it was meant only for tags. Statistics works pretty well for other types, but it was never great for tags. So we decided to make timesheet with tags in mind.

If you want to join tags and computer usage, statistics is the only way. Go to custom tab, then add one for Computer usage and one more for the tags you want.

Does this help?
tomstorms  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, November 30, 2011 2:23:25 AM(UTC)
tomstorms

I use the computer usage stats to calculate the amount of time an employee has been working on a PC. Sometimes they dont use tags so it may be hard to keep track of time in the Timesheet view. The Timesheet layout is the perfect view to see a day-by-day outline of time spent.

Perhaps this post can be moved to a Feature Request?
admin  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, November 30, 2011 9:23:21 AM(UTC)
admin

You are talking about the data coming from other machines? We will try to do a few statistics on the server, see what we can come up with. All the data is already there so it makes sense to try to use it there.

If you have any ideas about what info you would like to get, now would be a great time to let us know.

As I understand it you would like to see Activity by day for each user? So:
User Mon Tue ...
User1 5 10
User2 7 12

tomstorms  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, November 30, 2011 10:10:56 AM(UTC)
tomstorms

Yes, data from other machines, but would be good if I could use it for myself also.

Being able to see Activity by day (particular Computer Usage etc.) in the Timesheet view would be perfect! Another thought would be able to exclude tags from the Timesheet?

Another feature would be to export in Excel format including the formulas?

But anyway sounds all good to men. Thanks for your help. Looking forward to these updates.
admin  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, November 30, 2011 10:19:31 AM(UTC)
admin

You can exclude tags from timesheet by preceding them with -

so in filter write
-lunch

For excel, you can just select all rows in timesheet (CTRL-A) then copy and paste to excel.

But it wont transfer formulas, I assume you meant for summary columns? Its an interesting idea, but I guess we would have to have a special button, copy for excel or something, otherwise the output would be useless if you transfer it to notepad for example.
tomstorms  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, November 30, 2011 12:32:04 PM(UTC)
tomstorms

Ah sorry - I missed that Filter textbox. Thanks

You could hook into some kind of Excel library and output as an Excel file already containing the formulas for the summary columns? I dont know how many other people would like that feature though?