Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
je64us  
#1 Posted : Thursday, February 6, 2014 7:40:13 PM(UTC)
je64us

Sometimes I step away for just a minute or two, and am then prompted with an "away" dialog when I return. I would like to be able to configure a minimum "away" time, which would just count the away time as what was happening previously.
jxt  
#2 Posted : Thursday, February 6, 2014 11:40:32 PM(UTC)
jxt

Read the help and check the settings:
http://manictime.com/Sup.../Help/Client/13/settings
Quote:
Time is marked as Away when:

computer is not used for 10 minutes - if you are not using a computer for more then 10 minutes (not moving mouse or typing on the keyboard) Away time is triggered
admin  
#3 Posted : Friday, February 7, 2014 8:45:48 AM(UTC)
admin

MT Tracks away time using inputs from keyboard or mouse. So when you don't touch the mouse or keyboard for some predefined time, away time is triggered. When this happens, it will show Away view window when you start using the computer again.

By default this time is set to 10 minutes. Go to Tools - Settings - Tracking and check if you have this set to 10 minutes.
If you do, and you still think it is not working correctly, please let me know.
je64us  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, February 12, 2014 5:58:17 PM(UTC)
je64us

It took a few days to get it to do this, but attached is an example screen shot of the application asking about away time that was under the threshold (30 minutes). This happens (not every time) when I lock the screen and then unlock it.
je64us attached the following image(s):
MT Prompt.png (20kb) downloaded 3 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
admin  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, February 12, 2014 9:40:54 PM(UTC)
admin

I completely forgot about this, sorry. You are correct, this also happens when you lock the station.

Whenever we can't track the usage, like when it is locked, we also show this as Away. And like any other away you receive the Away view window when you return.

So we would need a setting, something like Don't show Away window when locked for less than inactive. Or something like that, this sounds to complicated.