Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
stevenp  
#21 Posted : Thursday, October 27, 2011 11:11:37 AM(UTC)
stevenp

I know that it is possible in Timesheet, simply Charts looks better.
Still in doubt, can't choose between RescueTime or ManicTime. RescueTime is slow, but charts-rich, ManicTime is fast but AutoTags are still have to be updated up to scratch.

It would be great if there would be ability to Remove Tags timeline in Timelines editor, or to Replace it with AutoTags.
It's just necessary to have an option for "Away-Tags" to be automatically be AutoTags too. It's just not convenient to create Rule for every Away-Tag so that each will be converted to AutoTag in order to Remove/Replace the Tags Timeline when it will be possible to get rid of the superfluous timeline.
admin  
#22 Posted : Thursday, October 27, 2011 12:47:24 PM(UTC)
admin

Thanks for the letting us know what you don't like.

I think there is a lot we can still do with autotags in the coming versions, so we will try to improve them.
I also think that it would be great to bring autotags closer to tags than it is in the current version and we will also work on that.
With that said, please make your decision on the version you have now, not on our plans because they change often.

Edited by user Thursday, October 27, 2011 12:51:03 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

stevenp  
#23 Posted : Thursday, October 27, 2011 1:02:46 PM(UTC)
stevenp

I like your fast response and probably will choose ManicTime.

Is it possible to Auto-Refresh the AutoTags Timeline?

Ability to hide Timelines is necessary. Currently there's no way to leave only 1 Timeline - AutoTags - there's no need in others, probably not only in my case. Of course if you hopefully add this option, then it will be necessary to add a Toolbar with Buttons or a Combobox to select from ComputerUsage/Tags/AutoTags/Application/Documents in order to see those items in the bottom lists. Currently the interface looks cluttered.
File Attachment(s):
clutter.jpg (287kb) downloaded 5 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
admin  
#24 Posted : Thursday, October 27, 2011 1:07:51 PM(UTC)
admin

I think it auto refreshes every 10 or 15 seconds. You can click Today button which refreshes the view if you are already on today.

I agree about the clutter. I think it would be great if we could join Comp usage/Apps/Docs into one timeline and autotags and tags into another.
stevenp  
#25 Posted : Thursday, October 27, 2011 1:37:59 PM(UTC)
stevenp

Thanks for the tip.

Is there a way to create an AutoTag Rule for Applications which aren't defined to have a AutoTag? For most commonly used apps I have defined an AutoTag, but to avoid creating a Rule for every "undefined" app it would be great if ManicTime could determine whether an app have a Rule and if it is not then it would have a AutoTag "undefined/other". It is necessary as in the Timesheet it is possible to select only Tags/AutoTags timeline, but not Applications/Documents.
If there would be a "undefined/other/uncommon app" AutoTag, then it will be possible to see how much time was spent for non-common applications. Thanks
admin  
#26 Posted : Thursday, October 27, 2011 1:54:04 PM(UTC)
admin

Check match only first in autotags editor. I think this should be a default setting anyway. Once you start creating more complex rules it comes handy.

Then just create a rule based on Computer usage Active part, name it Undefined or something.
Then in autotags editor make sure it is at the end. This way whatever is left will be assigned to undefined.

Also if you do it this way it is easy to add untagged apps. Just add them to some other autotags, because they will have higher priority it will override undefined.

Edited by user Thursday, October 27, 2011 1:59:25 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

stevenp  
#27 Posted : Thursday, October 27, 2011 7:03:22 PM(UTC)
stevenp

It is not so obvious for a user like me :) but it works and it is really a simple and logical condition. Thanks!
stevenp  
#28 Posted : Wednesday, November 2, 2011 3:49:45 PM(UTC)
stevenp

I have a found a bug in Timesheet for the undefined/other AutoTag. It shows different values than in the main "Day" tab. I have found that this occurs when Day start is at 0:00.
In the screenshots below the AutoTag "other" on the "Day" tab shows 0:00:25 and on the Timesheet 1:16:28
File Attachment(s):
Day tab.jpg (371kb) downloaded 6 time(s).
stevenp attached the following image(s):
Timesheet tab.jpg (128kb) downloaded 12 time(s).

admin  
#29 Posted : Wednesday, November 2, 2011 3:58:13 PM(UTC)
admin

Could you send me one more screenshot of day view with summary for autotags.

And could you also make one more of timesheet but add one more column - timeline. Under group by, click on Add, choose Timeline and run it again.
stevenp  
#30 Posted : Wednesday, November 2, 2011 4:04:33 PM(UTC)
stevenp

Originally Posted by: admin Go to Quoted Post
Could you send me one more screenshot of day view with summary for autotags.

And could you also make one more of timesheet but add one more column - timeline. Under group by, click on Add, choose Timeline and run it again.

that's exactly what was on the first attached screenshot in previous post

here's a second Timesheet screenshot

Edited by user Wednesday, November 2, 2011 4:05:05 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

stevenp attached the following image(s):
Untitled.jpg (191kb) downloaded 11 time(s).

admin  
#31 Posted : Wednesday, November 2, 2011 4:08:47 PM(UTC)
admin

Sorry, missed the day image. I'll try to find what is going on.
davidem  
#32 Posted : Wednesday, December 28, 2011 1:36:45 AM(UTC)
davidem

+1 vote for statitics using AutoTags
2 Pages<12