Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
sixdim  
#1 Posted : Thursday, June 16, 2011 5:36:26 AM(UTC)
sixdim

Hello,

I have a copy of the pro version. Great tool, and very handy! I have version 1.5.3.0.

I have a few day-related questions:

1) I had the free version, and I could have sworn that it always defaulted in the main view to the current day. For some reason, in this version, I find myself always having to push the today button to switch to today (it stays set on yesterday?). Am I missing something? Each day, I just want it to automatically show the current day by default.

2) I also thought it just automatically started tracking the day from my first actions. Now I see it is always starting the day at midnight, and it always logs a huge chunk of time when nothing is going on. For example, if I go leave the office at 6PM one night, it logs until I come in at 8AM the next morning. That time is irrelevant to me. Is there some way I can have it just detect when I come in and start recording? Or is that what the start of day offset is for?

Thank you!

admin  
#2 Posted : Thursday, June 16, 2011 10:11:39 AM(UTC)
admin

1. You are correct, it did work in previous version. Most of the day view was rewritten to support adding timelines. In the process we forgot to add this feature. Currently there is a bug associated with this, as soon as we figure it out we will add it back.

2. Could you post a screenshot of a day? Also check in Settings->Tracking, if you are using screen saver option to track away time, try the other one.
sixdim  
#3 Posted : Thursday, June 16, 2011 8:50:17 PM(UTC)
sixdim

Ok, thanks for your help!

I am attaching a screenshot with the day, and the settings as they are currently set in the Tracking tab.
sixdim attached the following image(s):
manictime.JPG (138kb) downloaded 5 time(s).
manictime2.JPG (34kb) downloaded 5 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
admin  
#4 Posted : Thursday, June 16, 2011 11:10:40 PM(UTC)
admin

I'll first explain how auto zoom is calculated.
MT looks at all the timelines and finds the first activity and the last activity of each timeline. Computer usage timeline is the only one special, on this timeline it only looks at the Active part. In the end it takes the earliest and the latest activity of any timeline.

So in your case the tag you have which is spanning from the day before to today is the earliest activity, therefore it starts the day at midnight.
There is a bug in your case, Start time should say 0:00AM not 6:17PM as it says now. I think we fixed this one already, so it should work correctly in the next release.
sixdim  
#5 Posted : Thursday, June 16, 2011 11:26:33 PM(UTC)
sixdim

Oh! I get it! I did not realize what the autozoom feature did. Now I get that I can restrict the hourly view by manually resizing the hour "time" highlight box underneath the timelines (to the right of the autozoom button). That was what I was looking for - I really only wanted to zoom onto 7AM to 7PM most of the time, and I accidentally had auto-zoom enabled.

Actually, for the day in the screenshot, I think day start time should have been when the first activity happened - which on that day was 9:43 AM. The red was when my machine was "Session Locked" - and I was away during the night until the morning, so it really doesn't count as "start of the day".

Thanks for your help. I really like ManicTime! I have very stringent hourly contract reporting requirements, and tend to multi-task a lot, and ManicTime helps make these much easier. Look forward to the next release!