Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
astralmarketing  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, May 18, 2011 7:27:47 PM(UTC)
astralmarketing

Hello,

love your product, first day with it and i can't stop discovering what it can do. thank you!

My question: I am starting to realize that the document timeline is the most valuable for me, especially since its automatically divided in Files and Websites, and i can then move them to custom folders. Great thinking there.

However, it only seems to track IE (i have IE9) and Firefox (FF4). Unfortunately, i use chrome as my favorite browser, and it doesn't track it in the bottom right hand pane document timeline, (websites folder). However, i do see the item if i view the applications timeline, but that is not as useful to me.

What am i doing wrong? Is there a setting somewhere? i briefly looked at the forum, someone suggested that maybe if the program is being running as an admin, then i should run MT as an admin too. Which i am now doing but it doesn't change anything.

HELP?

Thanks!
Astral Marketing
admin  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, May 18, 2011 10:13:22 PM(UTC)
admin

I use Chrome browser of choice as well, so it should work. Which version are you using?
Could you send me log files. Could you also send me a screenshot of Chrome.
You will find log files in
XP: C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings\Application Data\Finkit\ManicTime\Logs
Vista or Windows 7: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\ Finkit\ManicTime\Logs

You can post them here or send them to support@manictime.com.
astralmarketing  
#3 Posted : Thursday, May 19, 2011 4:49:15 PM(UTC)
astralmarketing

thanks for your answer. i am attaching the required info, although i am not sure what you mean by "a screenshot of chrome", let me know if there's something else you need.

it just occurred to be that i am signed up to always use the latest development version of chrome. so i am right now on version 13.0.767.1 dev-m. My understanding is that its still really on version 11 with a beta on version 12. could this be it?
File Attachment(s):
Logs.zip (10kb) downloaded 1 time(s).
astralmarketing attached the following image(s):
screenshot-chrome.jpg (165kb) downloaded 4 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
admin  
#4 Posted : Thursday, May 19, 2011 6:12:13 PM(UTC)
admin

Good thing you let us know about this. I wrote back from home yesterday where I have a stable version of Chrome and it still works.
After I saw your image I checked MT and it stopped tracking on my work machine as well.

Close MT, copy attached file to Program files/MT/Plugins.

Let me know how it goes.
File Attachment(s):
Plugins.Chrome.zip (24kb) downloaded 6 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
astralmarketing  
#5 Posted : Friday, May 20, 2011 6:36:37 AM(UTC)
astralmarketing

thanks for your help. actually, i ended up going back to the last stable version of chrome, i didn't see the use of being in the dev team anyway. so everything is fine, thanks again for a great tool!!

Astral
vipaware  
#6 Posted : Sunday, May 22, 2011 9:05:42 PM(UTC)
vipaware

Felt like I should add my 2c.

I was searching the forum for the similar solution with Chrome. I'm also on dev branch and even have the same version as reported above, MT didn't track websites for me too. I didn't feel like I want to move back to stable branch, so I downloaded the updated plugin file and did as you instructed.

As a result: it worked like a charm! Documents timeline is populated now with this new type of information, specifically websites opened in chrome, yay!
Hate MT! It's so quick and precise to tell me how unproductive I am, lol! And I love it, coz it urges to make me better!
I want pro liceenseee!
bardcan  
#7 Posted : Friday, May 27, 2011 8:00:40 PM(UTC)
bardcan

love love love it! brilliant! this program and team continue to impress! :)