Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dobermunk  
#1 Posted : Thursday, March 24, 2011 1:44:25 PM(UTC)
dobermunk

When I change a bars color, the bar doesn't change, also not after closing and re-opening the window. (see image)
1.5.0.4 pro version

Also:
preset groups
it would be great if I could create a group (ie. total with my job tags) and be able to select this in a further stat sheet as a type of preset. The goal is to crate job stat sheets that have a bar for total, then all of one job's subcategories.

subjob groups
Say I have two jobs, a & b. Both have sub-jobs of the same type ie. communication, modeling, etc.
How do I create a stat bar of [b - modeling] for example. ie. a bar excluding one job type if it also shares a job a tag?
dobermunk attached the following image(s):
color edit false.jpg (120kb) downloaded 0 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
admin  
#2 Posted : Thursday, March 24, 2011 2:13:17 PM(UTC)
admin

Thanks for the bug report, we will try to fix it for the next version. I think the color should update, if you check and uncheck it (if we are looking at the same bug).

Preset groups
Just so I'm clear about the scenario. Given these tags:
Job1, Activit1
Job1, Activity2

You would select Job1, then see a breakdown for Activity1 and Activity2?
We will definitely work on this one the next time we work on statistics. I think this would be a great feature. For now the only thing you could do is create each of those yourself.
So first statistics : Job1
2nd: Job1, Activity1 (choose all groups at the bottom)
3rd: Job1, Activity2 (choose all groups at the bottom)

If you have a lot of sub activities this is a really bad way. This really is one the most needed features in statistics.

Subjob group
There is currently no way to do this. I'll add it to our todo list. A long time ago we had the idea that you could do basic operations over different statistics. So you could add one statistics for b and one more for 'b, modeling' then subtract one from the other. But we never got any further.

For now the only thing which could help, but probably just a little, is if you select tag timeline and write filter: 'b -modeling'. Then use this in Advanced search. We will add an export feature in the next week or two and if the result is ok you can sum it up in Excel or somewhere else.
dobermunk  
#3 Posted : Thursday, March 24, 2011 7:15:52 PM(UTC)
dobermunk

If you do add dedicated job / sub-jobs, then it would be mega cool to have the curves be stackable... ie one data set takes the top of the previous one as its start position. Forget the name of this curve type, there are numerous papers on it in informational graphics. I'll try to return with a mock-up.