Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
tharpste  
#1 Posted : Monday, February 14, 2011 5:40:40 PM(UTC)
tharpste

A primary goal for tracking time is for billing. Please add a timesheet printout. Klok has a nice one but they don't have pop up reminders and the interface isn't as easy as Manic IMO.

suggested layout

Project 1/1/11 1/2/11 ....
Tag 1 2 5.5 ....
Tag 2 1 3 ....
. . .
. . .
. . .
admin  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, February 15, 2011 9:51:21 AM(UTC)
admin

There is something similar, but it is quite hidden for now.

Go to Stats -> Top tags
Choose Show top 20, Combined groups
Above the chart choose By day
Then click on Table tab above the chart.
You can export that to csv and use in excel.

It is not timesheet but it could be helpful. Timesheet is on our todo list, hopefully we will get to it soon.
tharpste  
#3 Posted : Thursday, February 24, 2011 12:42:00 AM(UTC)
tharpste

This is exactly what I was looking. Thank you so much for the kind reply and guidance.
tharpste  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, May 18, 2011 4:21:34 AM(UTC)
tharpste

I'm using over 40 tags that I need to track and report on each month. The restriction to show only the top 20 tags prevents me from having a simple way to submit a time sheet. The custom tab is my temporary solution but it is extremely tedious to build a new spreadsheet of 40 tags each month. Do you anticipate completing a timesheet function or allowing more than the top 20 tags within the next month?

Also your update function might be broken - I have professional version 1.4.11.0 installed and when I "check for updates" and it reports no updates are available even though your releases page shows 1.5.3 is current.
admin  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, May 18, 2011 9:44:27 AM(UTC)
admin

Working on it as we speak, timesheet I mean. Could you post and example of the output you would like to see. You can post it here or send it to support@manictime.com.

We usually post new versions to the site, before we release them as an update. This way it spreads more slowly and we can see if we missed something before we release it to everybody. When you see new versions on the site you can download setup.exe and it will update the current version or you can wait until we are ready to release it as an update.

Latest version should now be available as an update.
tharpste  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, May 18, 2011 4:00:12 PM(UTC)
tharpste

I don't require anything special. ManicTime is recording what I need to record, I just can't easily retrieve all the tags that I'm required to report on each month. If you can allow 50 tags (or even all tags with non zero hours in the "range") in the Statistics->Top Tags->Show Top X drop drown then it will satisfy the minimum company requirements.

Thanks for the description on how your versions are released - that was helpful.
harkman  
#7 Posted : Thursday, May 19, 2011 11:10:45 AM(UTC)
harkman

Man

I'd like to add my thoughts here.

I use Tags to label my time for a) Client and b) Project.

If I Label my work I first add a label for my client and second for the project/task that work was done for.

At the end of the month I need to export all entries for one client and all his projects/tasks.

It would be really great if there were a way to export only those time entries, that contain my client tag to csv.

Currently I export all entries to csv and do the filtering in Excel. But this is a lot of additional work.

So basically what I'm asking for is a filter option for label in the export functionality.

Another solution would be that you can define a custom statistics tab that lets me select one Tag (my client tag) ad displays all time entries this tag appears in the table view.
The table should then split the entries in groups by the other attached tags (project tags) that I get a result like:

My preference woul probably be the export feature because it preserves data in more detail. For instance my comments would be exported too. On the other hand in Export there is no grouping of multiple time entries for one project.

the optimal solution would be something in between.
select a client tab, sum up all time for each project and concatenate all comments for each project

client A
From | To | Project | Comments
11/05/01 | 11/05/31 | Project 1 | comment1, comment2, comment3
11/05/01 | 11/05/31 | Project 2 | comment1, comment2, comment3

admin  
#8 Posted : Thursday, May 19, 2011 11:21:17 AM(UTC)
admin

Exactly what we were thinking with the comments. We usually make a similar report for clients, something like

Date, Hours, Comments

or
Project (task), Hours, Comments

so for example
Improved UI, 5, "-added a button, fixed color bug...."
tharpste  
#9 Posted : Thursday, August 9, 2012 9:37:24 PM(UTC)
tharpste

This is long overdue, nice job on the updates. Especially the timesheet function.