Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
netsharc  
#1 Posted : Thursday, February 10, 2011 5:35:18 PM(UTC)
netsharc

Hi ManicTime team,

a while ago I modified the date/time on my computer to several years in the past to test something, and ManicTime unfortunately tracked the "Date/Time Properties" window as being open for all those years, and my computer for being active all that time.

I recently installed MS SQL Server 2008, and I thought, "oh, maybe I'll have a look in the database files to see if I can remove that entry.". I tried opening the .sdf file, unfortunately it requires a password, or so the Management Studio claims. Is this correct -- maybe there are version differences? And if so, is it possible for me to get the DB password please? :)

admin  
#2 Posted : Thursday, February 10, 2011 6:19:09 PM(UTC)
admin

If you have an old version of MT, the default pass was 'ombolo'. If you do, try just going to some day without other activities and select some time and choose delete. In the old version this will delete that whole activity.

If you have newer, then the pass is the one you set in settings.

Could you tell me which version are you running. I think from v1.3 on this shouldn't happen, MT should detect the time change.

Edited by user Thursday, February 10, 2011 6:20:19 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

netsharc  
#3 Posted : Thursday, February 10, 2011 7:02:56 PM(UTC)
netsharc

Hi admin, thanks for the reply.

There were several SDF files in the directory, I assumed the program uses a DB file for some time period and creates a new one when one file becomes too "full" for efficient work, so I tried to open the smallest one, which must have been the oldest version. Actually increasing the file size limit for the viewer allowed me to open the DB file of the n-1'th version, unfortunately the most recent version uses the SQL-CE 4.0 format, which SQL Management Studio 2008 can't seem to open.

I experimented with the date/time change on December 3rd 2010, and I believe I had the latest version at that time. I changed the date to December 4, 2006.
admin  
#4 Posted : Thursday, February 10, 2011 9:51:15 PM(UTC)
admin

There is only one file, ManicTime.sdf. Others are just backups from new versions, you can delete those (they have number attached).
You can connect to it with Visual Studio 2010 but you need to install VS 2010 SP1 beta first.

Would you send me ManicTime.log file, I'd like to see if it detected time change or not.