Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
that_dude  
#1 Posted : Saturday, January 29, 2011 11:54:16 PM(UTC)
that_dude

Sometimes I dont want manictime tracking my activity on questionable sites since those are forever stored in memory (cough*the*cough*pirate*cough*bay). I usually turn off manictime but then realize i forgot to turn it back on again.

It takes me a very small duration of time to get what I want so can we please have a menu that pops up and gives the following options

go off the record > forever (manual)
> 10 mins
> 20 mins
> 30 mins
> 1 hour
> 4 hours
> 8 hours

Maybe even let the users define what interval they want to go offline for as 2 additional fields?

Just wanted to see what you think!

Along the same lines, is it possible to permanently keep no track of certain window titles (and mark that time as away or some special tag like naughty)

Example: Everytime uTorrent window is active I dont want any records of it
Everytime there is a Chrome window open with the title *the pirate bay* I dont want any records of it

I understand the time still needs to be tracked somewhere so maybe we can mark it as "away" or let the user decide how they want it marked :)

Cheers
Arvind

Edited by user Saturday, January 29, 2011 11:55:57 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

zano  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, January 16, 2013 11:06:01 AM(UTC)
zano

This is basically what I need as well.

1. Temporary off-the-record: I often go off the record after work is done (I use my computer privately as well), but many times I forget to go on the record next day. So in addition to setting an interval, you should also be able to set it to "until tomorrow" (which should be the configurable break-off point between days).

2. Automatic off-the-record: When going to websites I don't want to be tracked for whatever reasons, I use incognito/private mode. MT should honor that as well.

Two related changes that would make an excellent application even better.

Edited by user Thursday, January 17, 2013 10:09:19 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

admin  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, January 16, 2013 11:19:04 AM(UTC)
admin

On our todo for version after the next one (v2.5)