Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jxt  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 10, 2014 8:43:23 AM(UTC)
jxt

Hi,
I need to review all activity in Documents timeline tagged with some tag.
If I filter by tag and then switch to Documents timeline - filter/selection is lost.
I use MT 2.5.3 full version, so how can I do that?
admin  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, September 10, 2014 9:15:10 AM(UTC)
admin

No easy way to do this. I guess autotags are your best option.
Add autotag TL, then add your tag to it (right click on tag, add to At Tl and give it the same name)
Then click on Docs timeline and filter by doc, or if you want all of them just type *. Then click on arrow facing down, Add to AT. For title type {{title}}.

This will transfer all docs to AT timeline. Now go to AT TL editor and edit the {{title}} tag, go to Advanced and set it to Append.

Now on the AT timeline you should have something like
Your tag, some doc

Then you can use filter or Timesheet....
jxt  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, September 10, 2014 10:01:07 AM(UTC)
jxt

It's very complicated way... :( I can use it 1-2 times but not every day...

I would like to make three feature requests:

1. some way to filter activities in any timeline by tag or auto tag. For example, I'm tagging my activity all day and then I want to review all websites in documents timeline tagged by some tag.
I don't know the MT source but just an idea how can you develop that quick and dirty. For example when a user types "tag:work" in Filter field when Documents timeline is selected, MT can internally get all start-end times for this tag for the current day and build some query like start>10:30:21 AND end<10:32:11 OR start>10:36:41 AND end<10:38:55 OR...

EDIT:>>To be honest, I would like to see the option to filter any timeline by any activity in any other timeline (I think I've already made such feature request a long time ago). For example, first filter by App timeline (group firefox) then select Docs timeline and see only filtered activity. But probably it will be harder to develop so I will be happy to see just filtering any timeline by tag or autotag.

2. ability to sort by multiple columns in the (how to name it...) detailed list of the timeline activities (bottom left part of the window). There I need to sort by Title AND Start time. SHIFT+CLICK would be perfect!

3. Fast way to open documents or websites from detailed list. Currently we have "Open" in the context menu but please add something like ALT+Click and also customizable keyboard shortcut which by default should be CTRL+O

Please let me know what do you think?

Edited by user Wednesday, September 10, 2014 10:14:48 AM(UTC)  | Reason: more info for the 1st request