Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
eql2006  
#1 Posted : Saturday, May 3, 2014 5:23:04 AM(UTC)
eql2006

Canada

Hi everyone,
I have been using the free version to try to get a hang of manictime. As a student, I'm not worried about recording time for specific projects, but rather productive (school work ), productive (life) and distracted logs for my computer use.
What can I place in the category? Can I place specific website, or just googlechrome in general? Can i specify specific documents as one category or another?
thanks
EQL
admin  
#2 Posted : Monday, May 5, 2014 2:59:10 PM(UTC)
admin

Use autotags, they are much more flexible.

Lets say you have two autotags, Productive and Unproductive.

What I would do is this:
Right click Active part, choose Add to autotag, and lets say you add it to Productive.

Now all your computer time will be productive. Now add more specific things to Unproductive. So right click facebook on Documents timeline for example and add to Unproductive autotag. Also add other sites which are unproductive.

This will create double autotags on autotag timeline. Now click on arrow pointing down on left side of Autotag timeline, open the editor.

Check Match only first and make sure you move Productive to the bottom. This way Unproductive will be applied first, then Productive will take the rest. And when you see an unproductive site again, just add it to Unproductive and it should subtract it immediately.

You can also choose Active time as Unproductive and reverse the strategy. Assign Active time to the one which is harder to define.

Let me know if you need any help.
eql2006  
#3 Posted : Monday, May 5, 2014 3:02:45 PM(UTC)
eql2006

Canada

Thanks I will try that!
eql2006  
#4 Posted : Monday, May 5, 2014 9:21:27 PM(UTC)
eql2006

Canada

EDIT: I think I got it. I was looking at Tags, not autoTags. I had to activate the professional trial version. Only 6 days to figure it out though!
Thanks,
EQL

Thanks for the reply.. I can't seem to get into tag editor, it is greyd-out (sp?).
Is there a trick to getting access to that feature?
Thanks,
EQL

Originally Posted by: admin Go to Quoted Post
Use autotags, they are much more flexible.

Lets say you have two autotags, Productive and Unproductive.

What I would do is this:
Right click Active part, choose Add to autotag, and lets say you add it to Productive.

Now all your computer time will be productive. Now add more specific things to Unproductive. So right click facebook on Documents timeline for example and add to Unproductive autotag. Also add other sites which are unproductive.

This will create double autotags on autotag timeline. Now click on arrow pointing down on left side of Autotag timeline, open the editor.

Check Match only first and make sure you move Productive to the bottom. This way Unproductive will be applied first, then Productive will take the rest. And when you see an unproductive site again, just add it to Unproductive and it should subtract it immediately.

You can also choose Active time as Unproductive and reverse the strategy. Assign Active time to the one which is harder to define.

Let me know if you need any help.

Edited by user Monday, May 5, 2014 9:53:21 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified