Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
tharpste  
#1 Posted : Thursday, August 9, 2012 9:17:36 PM(UTC)
tharpste

What plans do you have to go mobile?

I request an iPad/iPhone app to log time to the manictime database
admin  
#2 Posted : Friday, August 17, 2012 7:17:44 AM(UTC)
admin

iPad/iPhone, the only thing we can do there is a stopwatch/entry app, since it doesn't support multi tasking.
I think we will do something in the next couple of months, although it will probably be rather poor at the start. We will see.
sandergriffin  
#3 Posted : Monday, June 24, 2013 4:30:02 PM(UTC)
sandergriffin

Originally Posted by: tharpste Go to Quoted Post
What plans do you have to go mobile?

I request an iPad/iPhone app to log time to the manictime database

So how is it going now?

Edited by user Monday, June 24, 2013 4:30:48 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

davidem  
#4 Posted : Monday, June 24, 2013 7:25:55 PM(UTC)
davidem

Not sure what kind of features you were planning for this, but one thing that I wanted to be able to do was pull in my phone call log to ManicTime, as a timeline. Would be nice if it could be filtered by call/contact category, e.g. "Business", rather than polluting ManicTime with personal calls.
admin  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, June 26, 2013 9:17:07 AM(UTC)
admin

This could work for Android, but cant be done on IOs, unless it is jailbroken, at least to my knowledge...
Andrzej  
#6 Posted : Sunday, September 29, 2013 2:05:50 PM(UTC)
Andrzej

Originally Posted by: admin Go to Quoted Post
iPad/iPhone, the only thing we can do there is a stopwatch/entry app[...]

IMHO simple stopwatch application for iPad / Android would be enough.

Why?

Now I'm testing one of another tracking tool which has apps for different platforms.
I have Windows laptop, iPad and Andoid phone.
What is incredible is that I feel freed from technology - whatever device I use and wherever I am I always have app at hand to start/stop tagging my time. Or even start on one device and stop on another!!

Manual start/stop is simple but very important functionality.

How?

These apps from iPad or Android could connect to server version of ManicTime what would add significant value for existing users of MT who also uses mobile devices extensively.
Please don't make cloud version of your service which like all such services would lack security and privacy. IMHO server version in private cloud, like in your model, is the only option! (however far too many users in these days give their privacy to cloud services for free, but it is another story)

Of course Android version could also report real-time app/browse usage or, as davidem mentioned here, phone calls time.

best regards

Edited by user Sunday, September 29, 2013 2:06:39 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

admin  
#7 Posted : Monday, September 30, 2013 8:51:40 AM(UTC)
admin

One thing we could try is to write an offline capable html app. This would probably work on all platforms and you would get it from a local server installation.

Anybody interested in this?
davidem  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, October 2, 2013 5:50:07 PM(UTC)
davidem

I'm not altogether clear on what that might look like.
admin  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, October 2, 2013 7:42:36 PM(UTC)
admin

I think it should act a lot like a native app. We'll do some tests, see if we can make something useful...
davidem  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, October 2, 2013 8:31:57 PM(UTC)
davidem

pardon. When I said "look", I didn't mean "look and feel" (don't care) but rather what the user interaction would "look like".

I didn't grasp what was meant by an "offline capable" [Manictime] app (built on HTML or whatever) as distinguished from what the current incarnation of Manictime does.
admin  
#11 Posted : Thursday, October 3, 2013 8:53:11 AM(UTC)
admin

I just meant it would be useful in phones and devices where we don't have a client. If we make a html version it will work on any device, question is if it will be useful.
So I just meant some simple stopwatch html app which would send data to the server.

Edited by user Thursday, October 3, 2013 8:57:08 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Andrzej  
#12 Posted : Sunday, October 6, 2013 7:52:24 PM(UTC)
Andrzej

HTML5 simple app with offline cappability seems reasonable.
davidem - IMHO it would have ONLY start/stop functionality like in Pro license of ManicTime (there is such function in the middle of toolbar).
jwm4  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, October 9, 2013 10:01:36 AM(UTC)
jwm4

Man

I'd like to see my Android's Office 365 Exchange-based email usage, as well as its call log, sms log, and geolocation log pulled into ManicTime Timelines. Chrometa (a competitor) syncs call logs. Time Cockpit sort of does call logs and sms logs - they really just tell you what Android apps to use to capture the daily log files and load them into Dropbox, which delivers them back to your desktop where their app can access those logs (text or csv files).