Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
PowerSurge  
#1 Posted : Friday, May 7, 2010 12:15:37 AM(UTC)
PowerSurge

I noticed that tags seem to act a bit unexpectedly. Apparently I can tag an item multiple times with the same tag. I understand tagging an item with multiple tags, but multiple times with the SAME tag? Weird, no?

Also, if I happen to have mis-tagged a short item, probably as per the above, it appears I'm not able to untag said item. I would expect that if I have a tag (or multiple tags) selected, and went to "Add Tag..." that I could not only add additional tags, but also unselect any tags I so choose.

I realize I may be too picky with this request, but I've just installed the software and have been trying to understand how the software works or is expected to work. My $0.02
admin  
#2 Posted : Friday, May 7, 2010 12:31:48 PM(UTC)
admin

If I understand you correctly you are describing the following scenario.
Check one item, then click Add tag, for tag write 'Work'
Then check the same item again, Add tag and again write 'Work'

This will create the same tag twice over the same time period.

On the main window you have four timelines and these timelines are all independent of one another. When you check something you are essentially just selecting time.

So lets say I select all firefox usages, I just selected time. Even though I checked all firefox usages, MT wont do anything with them. All you did was select time.

When we first released the software it was without checkboxes, the only way you could tag time was just by dragging on the timelines. We later added checkboxes so that you could assign time more accurately if you wanted, but what you do by dragging and what you do with checkboxes is the same, you are just selecting time.

You could for example drag to select time between midnight and 6am and tag it as sleeping, even though computer wasn't even running.

To edit or delete tags either right click on them on the tag timeline or click on the tag timeline to select it. Once you select it, the bottom part will display individual tags and you can then right click them to again either delete or edit.

Hope this helps.