Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
davidem  
#1 Posted : Thursday, June 13, 2013 5:41:35 PM(UTC)
davidem

Remembering/tracking YAP (Yet Another Password) for yet another forum is tiring.

Many of these Forum tools have a plugin to support this. Might you consider installing this support, if it exists? Some have it for Facebook, too, but Facebook is blocked from within my company, while Google Accounts is not.

admin  
#2 Posted : Friday, June 14, 2013 8:16:54 AM(UTC)
admin

I think its about time we stop hosting the forum and use some other service for this.
jxt  
#3 Posted : Friday, June 14, 2013 11:35:25 AM(UTC)
jxt

Why will you stop the forum?! It's a good service and in the future, when the app will become more popular, it gives the users ability to help each other and will be very helpful for the users in the future.
admin  
#4 Posted : Friday, June 14, 2013 1:01:24 PM(UTC)
admin

We don't mean to close it, just move it to some paid service so we don't have to deal with updates, spam.... and it will also include other authentication options davidem asked about.

http://stackoverflow.com...ith-sla-and-api-is-there

Edited by user Friday, June 14, 2013 1:02:12 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

davidem  
#5 Posted : Friday, June 14, 2013 6:31:41 PM(UTC)
davidem

If you are going to look at a paid service, then for Feature Suggestions, I've found UserVoice nice to use. It's fairly limited (I don't think it allows for a general support forum), but it allows for users to vote on features, and admins to indicate which have been implemented, considered, shelved, or dismissed. Basically to keep intentions visible (should you want to).

I'd been away from the app for about a year, so was wading through the various feature suggestions I had made to see if they had moved, but you can't search the forum just by the Feature Suggestions, so I had to wade through the various support inquiries I'd made, too.

What you might foresake by having a separate support forum and feature request system is easy tying of support issues to feature requests which might address them. Not sure how important that is.