Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
davidem  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, December 20, 2011 2:23:01 AM(UTC)
davidem

I published the timelines from machine1/loginA to a ManicTime server. I then subscribe to those timelines from machine2/loginA.

I was able to see the data as originally published.

Then I edited some of the tags on the machine1/loginA instance - reorder tag combinations, etc. The instance of ManicTime from where I am making the changes shows "Sent in the last minute" for all timelines.

The data displayed in the machine2/loginA will not show the updated tag info, though. Even if I use the "refresh" option from the tags timeline, it still does not show the updated info. I have exited the UI and restarted, with the same result.

Interestingly, newly entered Computer Usage and Applications timeline info from Machine1/LoginA IS being reflected to the server, and updating live in the subscribed session view, though, which makes me suspect it is a failure to actually publish the updated tags, rather than a problem on the subscriber end.

How do I get the old/updated tag info to [re]publish properly?

I am using client v2.1.1.1 on both machines, server version 1.1
admin  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, December 20, 2011 3:32:17 PM(UTC)
admin

This one was a bug, thanks for letting us know. There is a new version of MT server on the site, v1.1.1.

Once you update the server, you will need to either rename the tag again to trigger the update, or un-publish tag timeline and publish it again.

davidem  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, December 20, 2011 8:31:59 PM(UTC)
davidem

Thanks for the quick turnaround!

So the server was receiving the changed tags, but not sending them out? I am surprised that it was a bug on the Server side, rather that the client which supplies the data to the server. I would have thought a client fix would have been necessary to push the changed tags to the server. Interesting.
admin  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, December 20, 2011 8:45:01 PM(UTC)
admin

Client was sending the changes but server didn't care about the tag order, so Tag 1, Tag 2 was the same as Tag 2, Tag 1 so it just ignored the updates.