Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
billynair  
#1 Posted : Friday, June 18, 2010 12:52:16 AM(UTC)
billynair

Just downloaded 1.3.1.2 and was wondering what is new? i looked at "http://www.manictime.com/Support/Releases/Version_v1_3" but that only shows the changes up to a few versions ago. is there any cool tricks or fixes that we can see or make use of? was it mostly cosmetic and back end stuff?

I noticed that back to back identical tags get merged rather than kept separate, was that added in this release? I liked this feature, something that bugged me in the older versions, but my friend thought it was useful to have identical back to back tags stay separate... still not sure why that helps him...

Anyway, just curious, i like playing with new additions.

Again, thanks for the product!!
billynair  
#2 Posted : Friday, June 18, 2010 2:54:52 AM(UTC)
billynair

w00t!! i see the tags in statistics have been grouped like the old days!! thanks!!
admin  
#3 Posted : Friday, June 18, 2010 10:40:12 AM(UTC)
admin

More or less just bug fixes.

I think we implemented tag merging in v1.3.0.5. I think its great that they now merge, if somebody doesn't like it they can voice their opinions here and we can find a different solution.

From v1.3.0.5 there is also a smart selection, I will write about this in the coming days. You can find it to the left of zoom bar.

If smart selection is enabled then you can only select untagged time when dragging. This allows you to for example first tag based on some filter.
Lets say I filter by 'outlook', select all and tag that Email. I am now left with a lot of small spaces between my outlook usage. I can now just drag from start to finish and it will only select time which is not tagged with Email and then I can easily tag that as 'Work' or 'Not Email' or whatever.