Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dj22  
#1 Posted : Thursday, December 16, 2010 9:04:27 AM(UTC)
dj22

I had to use the statistics the other day to calculate how long I spent on a matter and was surprised to find that pdf files don't count as a 'document'. So when the document bar is clicked in the 'Day' tab and I filtered 'files' there were only Word docs and no pdf files.

There is a partial solution to click on the Applications bar and then filter Adobe Acrobat which will work in the Day tab. However in the Statistics tab that won't work as in Applications you do not get a break down of doucments within a particular application.

I hope there is a solution to designate pdf as documents or it will be considered for a future release.

Many thanks

admin  
#2 Posted : Thursday, December 16, 2010 6:53:56 PM(UTC)
admin

ManicTime has plugins written specifically for some apps, but for now we don't have one for Adobe Acrobat. Currently we only support these apps http://www.manictime.com/Support/Help/v13/12/document-timeline

The plugin part is extensible so anybody can write plugins. So if you have a bit of programming knowledge you can write it yourself. And of course we can help.
However I'm sorry to say that we most likely wont add many more apps to the list. The reason is that its not so hard to write them as to update them. Each product has a couple of versions people use and to keep them up to date would be a lot of work.

But we will definitely update statistics to work more like filter so you will be able to make queries on titles.
dj22  
#3 Posted : Friday, December 17, 2010 4:21:04 AM(UTC)
dj22

Thanks. Is there a help file or a sample add in so I can see how they work? I look forward to the new release.
admin  
#4 Posted : Friday, December 17, 2010 9:48:00 AM(UTC)
admin

Take a look at this post, there is a simple example in there. Let me know if you need any help.

http://forum.manictime.c...lt.aspx?g=posts&t=23
admin  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, December 22, 2010 11:56:10 AM(UTC)
admin

In v1.4.9 we included support for Acrobat, so just install it and it should work.

The way this is done is through title parsing (you need to know a bit about regular expressions). If you want to do it for some other app, take a look at this page

http://www.manictime.com...v13/12/document-timeline

Let me know if you need any more help.
dj22  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, December 22, 2010 12:26:08 PM(UTC)
dj22

Thank you. I'll download and checke out the link.

You may wish to know that the check for update in the help of 1.4.7 didn't pick up the available update and I had to download manually.
dj22  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, December 22, 2010 1:17:12 PM(UTC)
dj22

Thanks again. It works fine. I'm not sure of the difference between 'install folder' and 'database folder'. MT is installed on my machine in c:\program files\manictime. I couldn't find any other folder. Is this the install or the database folder?

The example of notepad in the instructions is slightly misleading since 'notepad' is in the title and also the name of the .exe file. In fact only the program name of the .exe file counts and _not_ the program name in the title. So if you put 'Adobe Acrobat Pro' tab and then the regex it won't work. However 'Adobe' tab regex does work since that is the name of the .exe file.
admin  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, December 22, 2010 1:23:20 PM(UTC)
admin

Some bad writing on my part, I'll update it.

The first part, the app name, is actually name of the executable, but without the exe. You can see this easily if you start the app, then check process explorer.

Edit: I see I just wrote the same thing as you. Yes, you are correct :)

Edited by user Wednesday, December 22, 2010 1:26:18 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

admin  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, December 22, 2010 1:25:58 PM(UTC)
admin

Oh, and how you find the database folder

http://www.manictime.com...3/1/where-is-data-stored
dj22  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, December 22, 2010 2:35:33 PM(UTC)
dj22

I had found that location but there is no \plugins sub folder. Do I create one specially for the CustomTitle file?
admin  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, December 22, 2010 2:46:32 PM(UTC)
admin

Yes, create Plugins folder and put CustomTitle.txt file in there.

Oh, and I realize our regular expressions are not the best, so if you write any better let me know and we will include them in the next version.
daniel_proulx  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, December 13, 2011 10:42:11 PM(UTC)
daniel_proulx

Does using Server change where the custom file resides?

admin  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, December 14, 2011 11:32:13 PM(UTC)
admin

No, the two shouldn't be related.