Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
billynair  
#1 Posted : Monday, June 14, 2010 7:50:00 PM(UTC)
billynair

Not sure if this should be a "Feature request" because it was in the old versions, maybe a "Coke Classic Request":
When you go to add a timeline [filter?], I would like it to select the color and name of the tag you are using to create it. This is how it worked in the previous versions and it was very useful, and if you decided to change it later we can still do that. Randomly selecting a color might be useful to some people, but it is easier to go and change it to a random color than try and duplicate the color of the tag you are filtering (maybe a button to chose a random color?).

As for defaulting the name to "Tags", everyone who uses MT will have to change the name before actually using it or get 30 "Tags" filters, so might as well just default it to the name of the tag selected, and if you want to change it later, it will be no different than changing it from "Tags".

I like the OLD Tigger better...
(in this instance anyway)
billynair attached the following image(s):
screenshot.gif (28kb) downloaded 4 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
admin  
#2 Posted : Monday, June 14, 2010 9:30:23 PM(UTC)
admin

At least to my knowledge this should work the same as in previous versions. If it doesn't, there is a bug and we will fix it.
On my system it works like this (and this is the same it always worked)
If you check only one item, then the text and the color are used from the checked item. If you check two or more, the color is random and the text becomes the same as the timeline (you can see the text and the color change as soon as you select the second checkbox).

On your picture, is it possible that you checked two or more items (only top 20 or so are displayed)? Which version are you using (bottom right corner)?
billynair  
#3 Posted : Thursday, June 17, 2010 6:24:40 PM(UTC)
billynair

Only one item was selected, and changing selections didnt matter, the color and name stayed the same. Not sure which version it was, I did an update this morning, but it was the one available up until yesterday... it is now 1.3.1.2 and this issue is now working!! thanks for the fix!!

[EDIT]: I looked on my friend's MT who didnt update his yet, and this was working properly on his, so I guess like you said, it must have been a problem with my install... either way it is working right!!

Edited by user Thursday, June 17, 2010 8:41:16 PM(UTC)  | Reason: tested this on another computer