Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Cat  
#1 Posted : Saturday, June 5, 2010 1:02:43 PM(UTC)
Cat

I follow the instructions under 'Changing database location' and change the location to an USB-stick.
.config directs to the correct location

After pc-restart and executing Manictime this message 'Database does not exist. Run ManicTime tracker to create database' appears. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

Edited by user Saturday, June 5, 2010 1:05:32 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

File Attachment(s):
Oud.zip (2kb) downloaded 1 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
admin  
#2 Posted : Saturday, June 5, 2010 2:23:12 PM(UTC)
admin

I'm just looking at the help page about database location and it is really bad, we will update it.

The easiest way is to download the usb version and put your database in the /data subfolder. If it still doesn't work at start then in settings first uncheck Run when windows starts and click OK and then again check it and select OK. This will reset the key in registry. After that all should work.

If you want to do it yourself:

In v1.3 there are two processes - main tracker process which needs to run all the time and is responsible for collecting data and user interface which you can unload when not in use through settings.

Prior to version 1.3.0.5 these two processes were named ManicTimeTracker (tracker) and ManicTime (UI).

Because the main process is the tracker we decided to name them ManicTime (tracker) and ManicTimeClient (UI) in the latest version (1.3.0.5).

Both have .config files and you need to change database location in both. So config files are in the same folder as ManicTime.exe and are named [processName].config, so in the new version ManicTime.exe.config and ManicTimeClient.exe.config

For example in usb version we use this setting in both config files

<add key="DataDirectory" value="*\Data" />

This will create the database in subfolder Data, I suggest you also use something like this, so the log files and the database wont be in the same folder as exe.

After you fix this, run tracker process then in settings first uncheck Run when windows starts and click OK and then again check it and select OK. This will reset the key in registry.

Hopefully this will help, let me know if you still have problems.

Edited by user Saturday, June 5, 2010 2:29:02 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified