Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
KD  
#1 Posted : Sunday, May 16, 2010 11:58:23 PM(UTC)
KD

When I am making selections on the tagging timeline I would like to snap to the nearest minute. I don't want to know I worked on a task for 1:37:53. Too much detail. I want to see 1:38 instead. I can imagine some people might want times rounded to 5 minute increments or 1/10 hour like in reports.

Edited by user Sunday, May 16, 2010 11:59:17 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

admin  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, May 18, 2010 10:51:24 AM(UTC)
admin

There is only one thing that comes to mind that we could do, let me know if this would be helpful.

Above the timelines there is an hour timeline. If you drag over this timeline the mouse will snap to the hours displayed, but will not snap when you are between hours.
We could add a setting where you would say snap to X minutes. So now when you would drag over the hour timeline, time would snap to X minute increments. You would always have to tag time by dragging on the hour timeline and would have to guess a bit where to start and where to end as it wouldn't align with real work any more.

Would this be helpful?
KD  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, May 19, 2010 5:58:33 AM(UTC)
KD

Yes, that would be helpful. However, I would make this a lower priority item. I just realized that since I export the data for Excel anyway, it would be simple to let Excel do the rounding for me.