Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Drizzle  
#1 Posted : Friday, July 12, 2013 5:10:00 PM(UTC)
Drizzle

Although I'm not new to ManicTime (I've been using it for a while now) I am new to the concept customising plugins using customtitle.txt. I am also no expert on such matters generally, so please bear with me.

Am I correct in assuming that once I've edited the txt document for my own purposes I have to rename it filename.dll and save it to the plugins folder in the MT directory under Programs?

Will the plug in be retrospective? for example if I save an AutoCad plug in to extract the document name for AutoCad files that I open will that plugin be applied to files that I opened say, 2 months ago, or just to new ones?

I regularly use a program called Vector7. At the moment MT recognises the program and logs that, but not the documents I create and open with it. Looking through the examples in the help file and others elsewhere on this forum the operators required to extract the document name appear to change from one program to another. For example the help regarding a plugin for Notepad appears to tell me that the expression I need is:

Notepad (.*?)-[^-]*$

whilst the one for AutoCad appears to be:

acad .*?\[([^\]]*)\]$

How do I begin to determine what expression I need for Vector7?

Thanks

Edited by user Friday, July 12, 2013 5:11:17 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

davidem  
#2 Posted : Friday, July 12, 2013 6:39:40 PM(UTC)
davidem

you do not rename the customtitle.txt file. You store it under that name in the location of your own profile. Open Advanced Settings->Database location. Under there you find another plugin directory separate from the app installation directory. Place your file there.

The recording is not retrospective.

The expression used is determined by the syntax of the application window title, which is determined by that app (and may vary itself depending on certain modes of an application or the particular window of concern).

For ones that are not straightforward to extract, I used a program called RegexCoach. You place a copy of the window title (which you can get from the Manictime timeline when you've used the app up until this point). Then place a regular expression in the second area. If the input (or a portion) "matches" it turns yellow. The part that is "captured" by manictime as the group or title is inside a "capture group" of the regex - it is a portion inside of a set of parentheses. You can ask RegexCoach to separately highligh the designated capture group (you want the first one). If there is a portion captured, that part will turn orange.
admin  
#3 Posted : Friday, July 12, 2013 6:44:40 PM(UTC)
admin

It is not retrospective.
No need to rename files. Could you post a few examples of the title of your app. As it is displayed on the apps timeline?

(Sorry for the short reply but I only have the phone on me)
admin  
#4 Posted : Friday, July 12, 2013 6:45:45 PM(UTC)
admin

@davidem thnx ;)