Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
davidem  
#1 Posted : Saturday, December 24, 2011 1:16:14 AM(UTC)
davidem

I noticed after the fact that when creating autotags on my main session based on Application entries published from another host, that the equivalent application entries from my local session were not being auto-tagged. I then noticed that the Autotag rules referred to were particular to the timelines from each host.

It would be great if I would not have to define the same rule for each and every timeline from each host. To be able to say "Any Application Timeline", or have it wildcarded by name, whatever.
admin  
#2 Posted : Monday, March 19, 2012 12:41:16 PM(UTC)
admin

Currently rules are applied to specific timeline. Would it be ok if all rules were instead applied to type of timeline?

If we did it this way, we gain the ability to just add another timeline from some other machine and all rules start working on that timeline as well.
What we loose is the ability to say for example Firefox on App timeline #1 is "Surfing", on App timeline #2 is "Work".
davidem  
#3 Posted : Monday, March 26, 2012 8:43:07 PM(UTC)
davidem

I would imagine that specific timelines and timeline types would be an additional qualifier for a rule, and where absent it would just apply to all (of a type, if specified). I don't know if that flexibility is hard to achieve.

for me, it is not common to have one machine for work vs play, and still bother myself with tracking the play. The segregation of work among machines is more incidental.
epit  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, April 17, 2012 4:32:02 AM(UTC)
epit

We have just been testing manictime for a few days with a view to deploying it for 8 staff initially

However, we were hoping that we could deploy default autotag rules to everyone and the rules would be , for example

if person A, K, J use website 3 , 7 , 12 then the activity classification is 'procurement'

if person B, L use application gmail then the activity classification is 'personal use'

if person * (any) use files on file share "O" then classification is 'operations'

The system we are using that is running the server installed version of manic time is windows 7 pro 64bit with sqlexpress 2008
We would like the autotags to be centrally managed on this machine.

admin  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, April 17, 2012 7:48:06 AM(UTC)
admin

These autotags you mention, would you like to push autotags to users, so that users have autotag timeline with rules you specified. I mean that they see the rules you set up and use this data.
Or would you like to apply autotags to their data and then compare it, view it... I mean so that other users are not necessarily aware of this?
epit  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, April 17, 2012 11:12:48 AM(UTC)
epit

We would like to push the autotag rules to the users so that the users can see them and then have all the data come back to the server.
We would like to be able to make it mostly transparent to users so that it they work extra one day then leave a bit early the next then the time is accounted for. Or if they take a long lunch break then work back a bit later the effort is accounted for. It would not be a problem for any of our staff to see anyone elses data on the server so that there is more transparency.

Staff would be able to request a new rule or a change to a rule and when approved these would be updated on the server and apply to everyone. This would be a manual process initially but potentially it could be automated so a user could update or add a rule then the adminstrator or manager would approve it or not. if approved it would then apply at all.

admin  
#7 Posted : Friday, April 20, 2012 8:39:38 AM(UTC)
admin

I think its a great feature and we will definitely add it.
davidem  
#8 Posted : Thursday, June 13, 2013 11:26:05 PM(UTC)
davidem

is this still in development, or are you standing pat with the ability to import/export rules?
admin  
#9 Posted : Friday, June 14, 2013 8:50:44 AM(UTC)
admin

We have been working on the server a lot lately and this will definetly be added. But we need to finish with the server statistics first....