Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
soy1bonus  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 4, 2011 10:52:48 AM(UTC)
soy1bonus

I tried Manic Timer yesterday and I loved it. But today, I started the program and it did track nothing. I tried restarting it with no results.

On the top right there's a box that says "Tracking Disabled" and on the lower left, on the status bar, there's a red circle that on the tooltip says "Application tracker has not been detected".

What could be the problem?

Thanks in advance.
admin  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 4, 2011 10:54:46 AM(UTC)
admin

There are two exes in the folder. You need to start ManicTime.exe not ManicTimeClient.exe.

Try closing it and start ManicTime.exe
soy1bonus  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, January 4, 2011 9:33:14 PM(UTC)
soy1bonus

Oh, I see.

I pinned the program to the taskbar (in Windows 7) to have it there as a shortcut. But I pinned the wrong exec.
It works now, but if a pin the "good" exe to the taskbar, the other one pops up and I end up with two Manic Timer's icons on the taskbar.

Just a suggestion, it would be nice if there were only 1 exec, so that I could pin it to the taskbar and there won't be any problem.

Thanks! Really useful program from what I've seen!
admin  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, January 4, 2011 10:17:32 PM(UTC)
admin

I see what you mean. Its not very pin friendly :)

Tracker (MT.exe) is not shown in taskbar, so when it runs there is an icon in system tray. So if you pin it, it is just a shortcut.

I think if you want to have a shortcut in the taskbar, make it to ManicTimeClient.exe, like you had before, just make sure MT.exe is running before you start it.

So maybe set MT so that it starts with windows or maybe pin MT.exe to start menu and start it from there when you need to.

P.S. if you don't want it running all the time you can also enable off the record mode. Right click on MT icon....