Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ghuth  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, May 11, 2010 12:27:49 AM(UTC)
ghuth

Hi

I just discovered the manictimetracker.exe using 50-100% CPU and nearly 1GB RAM.

Closing and reopening resolved the problem, but I thought you'd want to know.

One possibly abnormal thing I do is to regularly "Go off the record" and then hibernate my PC... that may be nothing to do with it but just in case it helps I thought I might thrown that in there :)

As a side note... I do this because I don't like to wait for a full boot every morning, but I DO like to use the day duration report and this is the only way I've found to do so... perhaps system hibernate/sleep is something you could code a solution?

Cheers, Glenn
admin  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, May 11, 2010 11:42:48 AM(UTC)
admin

Hi!

Sounds like a memory leak.
You will find ManicTime.log and ManicTimeTracker.log files in folder:
XP: C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings\Application Data\Finkit\ManicTime\
Vista: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\ Finkit\ManicTime\

Could you send them to me, maybe there is something in there.

Day duration should work if you leave your computer on (so you are in Away mode during the night), if you hibernate it or if you shut it down. Could you describe a bit more how it works on your machine?

And about our previous discussion about Away window not working properly. This should be fixed in the current version, 1.3.0.3.

Edited by user Tuesday, May 11, 2010 11:45:01 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

ghuth  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, May 12, 2010 3:10:50 AM(UTC)
ghuth

Re the LOG
This fault happened at ~7:16am 11/5/2010... but I don't see anything relevant in the logs....

11/05/2010 7:16:18 AM 2 1816 1 TrackerServiceClient CloseConnection.
11/05/2010 7:18:58 AM 2 4628 1 ManicTime 1.3.0.3 started.
11/05/2010 7:19:01 AM 2 4628 4 Creating channel.
11/05/2010 7:19:01 AM 2 4628 4 Subscribing
11/05/2010 7:19:02 AM 2 4628 4 Subscribed.

Can I get them to you privately somehow? Just in case there's anything sensitive in them? There are some other faults worth looking at - one which happened on the tail end of the install (but the SW worked anyway).

Re the Day duration
In my experience, Day Duration (chart) does not work when hibernating. If I hit the power button (which I have set to hibernate) I will have a red "Session locked" in the computer usage bar until I wake the machine up. When that happens, the day duration starts and ends at 12am (24hrs total). Green activity is seen from when I am logged in to when I hibernate again. Instead of red, during this hibernate time, I'd expect it to be blank - like it is when I turn the machine off, or I'm using windows 7, 32bit, in case that makes a difference.

Thank you for the fix about the away window - I've already enjoyed the benefits of it (was just updating the post to correct the typo and signal it as resolved in case anyone else viewed it).

Cheers, Glenn
admin  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, May 12, 2010 11:11:27 AM(UTC)
admin

You can send the log to support@manictime.com

There are four statuses for the Computer usage timeline:
Active,
Away,
Session locked
and Power Off

When you put it to hibernate it should go to Power off, we could just dismiss this and show nothing but we thought it would give some more information.

But in any case this should be ignored for Day duration chart.

With the logs could you also send me a screenshot of Day duration chart and one of the days where you put it to hibernate (select computer usage timeline)