Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
BigDan  
#1 Posted : Monday, March 11, 2013 8:10:52 AM(UTC)
BigDan

1/ I'm having trouble with scrolling. There are times I want to see what's happening in, say, the last hour of the day. I cant seem to scroll there though. The only option is to zoom out, then hover the mouse over where I want to go, then zoom in. But then I cant move sideways, I'd again have to move out, then move in.

2/ In the bottom right panel, where one is shown the various applications used today, I notice if I click on the checkbox some weird behaviour happens. Eg GOM Player says 33.9%, 1:44:06 and Firefox says 27/7% and 1:25:08. If I click GOM's checkmark though, it stays relatively the same (except rather than saying 1:44:06 once, it says it twice, once in brackets), but Firefox has the same numbers, and then has (0:00:00). What does that mean? All the other applications also have zeroes in brackets.

3/ One of the big reasons I wanted this program was to track how I get distracted. So there's 2 things I'd like it to give me. I'd like it to tell me how long I spend on every website total throughout the day, (not necessarily in 1 go), and I'd like to see how I switch between tasks - ie if I goto FB, then Yahoo, then Gmail, then back to FB, I'd like to be able to figure that out, ideally without having a mountain of data to sort. Is there a simple way of doing both?

Thanks!
Dan
admin  
#2 Posted : Monday, March 11, 2013 9:57:09 AM(UTC)
admin

1) If you hold down CTRL when scrolling it should scroll left/right
2) Summaries are for selected date. Its easier to understand if you for example drag on the timelines to make a selection, the value in the brackets will show you how much of specific app is selected. When you select via checkbox, you only select a whole group so the bracket value will be the same. If you check on the left side the value should again be different since you only select a few entries of an app...
3) Autotagging might help, I don't know enough about what you are trying to do.
BigDan  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, March 12, 2013 11:01:31 PM(UTC)
BigDan

Originally Posted by: admin Go to Quoted Post
1) If you hold down CTRL when scrolling it should scroll left/right
2) Summaries are for selected date. Its easier to understand if you for example drag on the timelines to make a selection, the value in the brackets will show you how much of specific app is selected. When you select via checkbox, you only select a whole group so the bracket value will be the same. If you check on the left side the value should again be different since you only select a few entries of an app...
3) Autotagging might help, I don't know enough about what you are trying to do.

thanks a lot, appreciate the fast response.

i didnt understand this part:
> When you select via checkbox, you only select a whole group so the bracket value will be the
> same. If you check on the left side the value should again be different since you only select
> a few entries of an app...

To answer your question about what I'm trying to do, at first I was trying to see how much time I spent on any given application, Firefox, Chrome, VLC Player etc. This program has very nicely explained that to me. But now part 2 is to figure out, how much time I'm spending on any given website. For example how much time am I wasting on Facebook? If I go thru the list of websites I've visited I checked FB multiple times, often for less than a minute. It'd be nice to know the total time.

Also, the time I spent on each given application, it shows how much time I spent since midnight. Is there some way to see how much time I've spent on an application in the last 2 hours?
admin  
#4 Posted : Thursday, March 14, 2013 6:01:55 PM(UTC)
admin

Facebook usage
Click Documents timeline to select it. Type facebook in the filter below. In the bottom right part you should see sum for facebook usage, under Web sites.

To see for example FB usage for the last two hours, that parenthesis value we were discussing will help.

Now that you have filtered by facebook, drag a time selection on the timelines for the last two hours.
In the bottom right, the summary part again, you should now see the grayed value you were asking about. Now it shows the usage for FB for the past two hours.