Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
humanista  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, December 25, 2012 6:11:56 PM(UTC)
humanista

First of all, thank you for this great software! I've tried numerous similar apps and found ManicTime to be the best.

There are only small things I'm missing and the most important one is lack of the "I was not away" button in the "Tag away time" dialog. This button would imply that a user was still involved in his last activity, so the time of that activity would be extended to cover the time marked as away. Sometimes I'm just looking at the code or reading something long with the autoscroll turned on and when I'm done the "Tag away time" dialog pops up, which I would like to close using the "I was not away" button.

Moreover, in my opinion the "Tag away time" dialog should also have the "Do not mark the time as 'away time' when the [NAME OF THE CURRENT APPLICATION] is active" checkbox. That would be helpful when, e.g. I'm watching a movie using my favorite movie player. Every time I move a mouse (either accidentally or e.g. to check the time) I have to close the "Tag away time" dialog, which is a little annoying.

I hope you consider adding those two small features in the future releases. Thank you in advance.
admin  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, December 26, 2012 8:29:38 PM(UTC)
admin

I think both are great, especially the I was not Away button. We'll try to implement them in the version after the one we are working on now.
humanista  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, December 26, 2012 10:31:26 PM(UTC)
humanista

Thank you very much!

There is one more feature I would love: an option for the "Tag away time" dialog to pop up every time ManicTime is starting (or maybe only when enough time has passed since the last time it was closed to avoid the dialog popping up after every reboot). When I go jogging and turn the computer off, I would like to tag the time I've spent exercising after I'm back. Right now I have to keep the computer on for the "Tag away time" dialog to pop up.

Edited by user Wednesday, December 26, 2012 10:34:17 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

josimen@hotmail.com  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, February 20, 2013 2:24:42 PM(UTC)
josimen@hotmail.com

Great software.

Instead of "I was not away" button I would love to see a automatic suggestion tag based on the activity performed before time is marked as "Away" (and/or fixed alternatives).

My "time away" will be tagged "internal" by "autotag", but mostly "time away" should be tagged the same as the activity performed "before".

I tag my time based on clients.
admin  
#5 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2013 10:51:32 AM(UTC)
admin

I don't follow, I mean the Away view shows most recently used tags. Tags you mention should be on there...
josimen@hotmail.com  
#6 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2013 1:36:57 PM(UTC)
josimen@hotmail.com

The program could automatically fill inn a suggestion so that you just have to push "enter". The suggestion would be based on tagged activity before (I use almost only auto-tag, therefore my most "wanted" is not a suggestion in recently used tags).

This could also be solved as an autotag-feature (where the system suggest a tag for "away" based on the previous tagged activity.
admin  
#7 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2013 1:40:02 PM(UTC)
admin

Did you try using absorption for Away time? How does it perform?