Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Nelvin  
#1 Posted : Sunday, December 9, 2012 12:51:02 PM(UTC)
Nelvin

Hi,

have you thought about adding a (configurable) threshold time/delay (f.i. x seconds) before you change the tracked app/document?

F.i. I'm a game developer and most of the time I work with multiple tools at the same time.
A very typical situation is is
* Visual Studio for the main code/debugger
* a Python IDE (because my asset pipeline and all my tools are written in Python)
* a browser while working on some new stuff/with a new API
* our internal Wiki and/or Evernote for my notes/documentation
* IM (Skype) to talk to my development partners
* Outlook to handle customer support asap, especially after a new release

Now - it's a great option to have them all tracked if I did some serious work done in one of these, but there are a lot of times I switch to/from any of these apps only for a very short time (very few minute, if any) and most of the time it would be more than good enough to notice only the bigger picture.

F.i. when I had a long discussion on Skype or did some real work on one of my tool in Python instead of just triggers som tools.

It seems as if MT uses ~10 second as an interval time to update it's tracking - the most simple solution would be to just make this interval configurable in the settings but even better would be a "switch threshold" so it would be possible get both, less noisy but still accurate data.

admin  
#2 Posted : Sunday, December 9, 2012 8:46:44 PM(UTC)
admin

This time is currently set at 5 seconds. It takes longer for it to update on the screen, but MT will ignore any usage under 5 seconds. I think we could make this configurable.
I'll add it to our todo list.