Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
wirelessnut  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, August 10, 2010 3:19:09 AM(UTC)
wirelessnut

Had ManicTime open, and I could see data prior to 3 days ago, but no data for last 3 days.
I registered ManicTime Pro on Saturday afternoon. It seemed to be working at that time.
Then I got an MT crash notification. It was longer than the notification I subsequently recieved.
I do recall that the first error code said something about database corruption, and repairing database was needed.
I did actually read one of the log files, and saw a whole mess of missing page references.

Since the database was only the trial period, I decided to delete it, uninstall and re-install the program.

The program opened successfully. I expect it to work as flawlessly as the trial did, and hopefully no crash.
Now I'm backing up the database every day.

Here's the code:
System.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeException: The operation completed successfully.
at System.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeEngine.ProcessResults(IntPtr pError, Int32 hr)
at System.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeEngine.Repair(SEFIXOPTION option, String dstConnStr, RepairOption repairOption)
at System.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeEngine.Repair(String connectionString, RepairOption options)
at Finkit.ManicTime.Common.DataAccess.SqlCeDatabaseManager.CheckPassword(String password, Boolean checkDatabaseHealthAndTryRepair)
at Finkit.ManicTime.Tracker.Main.TrackerApplicationInstance.Run()
at Finkit.ManicTime.Tracker.WinApp.Program.Main(String[] args)

Question: There is a checkbox in the backup scheduler to overwrite the old. What happens if I untick that checkbox?
admin  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, August 10, 2010 10:24:33 AM(UTC)
admin

This bug is really testing us, we cant shake it. We are redesigning the database for the next version, hopefully it will help.

About backup
If you uncheck it, MT will create backups for each day, so one day one file. Day will be appended to the name like ManicTime_2010-08-10.sdf
wirelessnut  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, August 10, 2010 5:26:00 PM(UTC)
wirelessnut

More info - just in case it helps to ring any bells.
This all seemed to work fine during the trial. I had zero issues until MT wouldn't open yesterday and gave the error.

- Quickbooks - runs an SQL server and SQL type operations.

- Remote desktop multiple computer users
A second computer user often logs onto this computer using Remote Desktop, and I occasionally also log into it by Remote Desktop.

- Anti-Malware
Here's the only honorable mention (aside from the Windows Installer) in the Event Viewer regarding MT:

Event Type: Warning
Event Source: WinDefend
Event Category: None
Event ID: 3004
Date: 7/19/2010
Time: 9:53:04 AM
User: N/A
Computer: XXXXXXX
Description:
Windows Defender Real-Time Protection agent has detected changes. Microsoft recommends you analyze the software that made these changes for potential risks. You can use information about how these programs operate to choose whether to allow them to run or remove them from your computer. Allow changes only if you trust the program or the software publisher. Windows Defender can't undo changes that you allow.
For more information please see the following:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=74409
Scan ID: {E69AE0D6-B19A-4E89-B0D4-8FF54BAB6D3B}
User: XXX\XXXX
Name: Unknown
ID:
Severity: Not Yet Classified
Category: Not Yet Classified
Path Found: regkey:HKCU@S-1-5-21-112169252-1553471718-1604855280XXXX\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\\ManicTime;runkey:HKCU@S-1-5-21-112169252-1553471718-1604855280-XXXX\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\\ManicTime;file:C:\Program Files\ManicTime\ManicTime.exe
Alert Type: Unclassified software
Detection Type:

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

admin  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, August 10, 2010 5:49:42 PM(UTC)
admin

Thanks for the info.

I forgot to mention, if you have Win7 or Vista it is possible Windows kept a copy. If you right click on ManicTime.sdf, go to Properties and Previous versions tab.

If you have this tab maybe Windows kept a copy of the database.

Could you also send me your log files to support@manictime.com. Maybe there is something in there. Files ManicTime.log and ManicTimeClient.log.