Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
leyou  
#1 Posted : Friday, July 20, 2012 2:43:08 PM(UTC)
leyou

Hi there

Overall I'm pretty happy with Manictime but there is one thing that really bugs me.
Sometimes I open Manictime and find out that it has stopped tracking. If I notice it 5min after it's ok, but at the moment I just noticed that it has stopped tracking since two days..

There is absolutely no alert, nothing telling me that something went wrong. The tray icon is still showing. But timelines are empty. The few times it happened, it seems to have stopped when putting computer on sleep (and not restarting like it normally does when computer wakes up).

And it starts tracking again when I open up Manictime from the tray icon.

Any idea what's wrong? Is there any log somewhere where I could figure out the issue?
admin  
#2 Posted : Friday, July 20, 2012 2:47:54 PM(UTC)
admin

Would you send me your log files, Help -> Pack log files, or in the latest version, Tools and settings -> Advanced -> Pack logs.

leyou  
#3 Posted : Friday, July 20, 2012 3:00:27 PM(UTC)
leyou

Thanks for the quick reply.

Logs sent to support@manictime.com
kmaillard@idbs.com  
#4 Posted : Friday, July 27, 2012 5:33:33 PM(UTC)
kmaillard@idbs.com

Just install ManicTime today and got the same problem. It stopped tracking after a couple of hours. Restarted the application but to no avail.
admin  
#5 Posted : Friday, July 27, 2012 9:17:18 PM(UTC)
admin

Try disabling the plugins, maybe it will help. ManicTime has a bunch of plugins, which are responsible for filling up the Documents timeline. For example when MT sees Word, it activities the Word plugin which gets the extra data, like which document you are editing. Some of these could be causing problems.

Right click MT icon in system tray, choose Exit.
Go to c:\Program Files (x86)\ManicTime\Plugins\

The names of the files will tell you for which app they are responsible. Move all of the files in this folder to some other folder, so that this folder will be empty. Start MT.

If after a day or so MT continues to run, try copying some of them back in.

And please send me log files, Tools -> Advanced -> Pack log files. You can send them to support@manictime.com.
bobjones5015  
#6 Posted : Sunday, July 29, 2012 10:20:15 PM(UTC)
bobjones5015

I'm having the same problem. It usually runs for about 5 minutes then stops tracking. I have removed all plugins from the plugins folder and set it to not track window titles and documents. I'm using Windows 7. Any suggestions?
kmaillard@idbs.com  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, July 31, 2012 7:25:53 PM(UTC)
kmaillard@idbs.com

Originally Posted by: kmaillard@idbs.com Go to Quoted Post
Just install ManicTime today and got the same problem. It stopped tracking after a couple of hours. Restarted the application but to no avail.

It actually worked correctly today. All I did was to reboot my computer.